PDA

View Full Version : Daikin cassette R3T removal replacement

marvyn
18-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Hello Gents,
could some one please give a brief out line how to replace an R3T thermistor on a daikin ceiling mounted cassette basically where does the cable go how do I get to it
many thanks in advance

Brian_UK
18-11-2014, 09:44 PM
The wiring diagram on the electrical cover should show you where R3T connects on the PCB.

Then just follow the wire. ;)

marvyn
18-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks Brian have got pcb end no problem was wandering how much disassembling was needed to find the other end where it connects to coil can I get to it above ceiling is there an access panel for example where do I attack

marvyn
18-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks Brian have got pcb end no problem was wandering how much disassembling was needed to find the other end where it connects to coil can I get to it above ceiling is there an access panel for example

install monkey
18-11-2014, 11:14 PM
full strip down inc removal of electrics and drip tray, ideally the fan impellor too so you can get ur head in to see

Brian_UK
18-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Trying hard to rack my brain here so could be around.

Some dismantling is going to be required so a cross head screwdriver, a spanner and maybe a bucket also.

Turn if the power.
Remove the air inlet grille and filter.
In one of the bottom corners you should find a rubber bung. With the bucket underneath it remove the bung to drain any water that may be in the drain tray.
If the is a fan guard, remove that.
Remove the electrical cover and any screws holding the box as well.
Unscrew and remove the fan inlet shroud.
Now undo the nut holding the fan on, pull the fan out and put the nut back on that you don't lose it.
In one corner there should be a detachable metal plate or boxing giving access to the condensate pump and hopefully the ends of the coil where the sensor will be.
Or
Look on the outside on the unit above the ceiling to see if there is an access cover there - perhaps do this first ;)

If things still don't look good then you may need to remove the front fascia, don't forget to catch the ceiling as the fascia often provides support. After that remove the drain tray to get full access to the coil.

Good luck.

marvyn
19-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Nice one chaps appreciated

marvyn
19-11-2014, 05:19 PM
I have a C5 fault showing on a controller that runs two ceiling cassettes so an r3t thermistor fault is likely how can I tell which unit is faulty, they are both short cycling on heating before the pre heat sign shows on controller I've read about checking ohms reading against temp on thermistor plug ie 20 deg c = 24.45 k - Ohms but where am I taking the temp reading from for a comparison. your knowledge and help is appreciated

Brian_UK
19-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Run each unit via the 43 code and tie up which unit has the error code.

marvyn
19-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Your a gent Brian thanks for your reply