PDA

View Full Version : Multi fit fan motor noise problem

Contactor
11-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Dear Friends

Ive just fitted out a small walk in domestic cold store. Customer is complaining about noise and vibration from evaporator fan motor, its a lu-ve evap with a 25w multi-fit fan motor. I'd like to use a 10w but with the same size blade, does anyone know where I can get a lightweight blade 10 inch suitable for use with a smaller motor?

Alternatively can anyone recommend another solution, maybe a better engineered motor than a standard multi fit or maybe I could use a smaller fan and blade and adjust other parts of the set up?

Luve SH21E50 Evap / Danfoss optyma MCH010 Condenser/ Danfoss TES2 00 Orifice TEV externally equalised/ Load about 1kw / Pumpdown / Electric defrost / 12M pipe run 1/4 and 1/2 evap 2M above condenser.

Thanks

al
11-11-2014, 11:02 PM
The multi fits tend to be rattly, not sure if fitting a smaller one is the answer though, what about an ec type, would they be quieter, or swap metal blade for a plastic one?

chillerman2006
13-11-2014, 11:59 PM
yeah I would 2nd that, reducing the wattage will decrease air flow and maybe reduce the throw below your box size too ... I don't think they are that bad ... are all the blades pitched the same or have been bent then attempt at repositioning ... excessive vibration would suggest some things not right