PDA

View Full Version : 600a/600

padraic
02-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi all

just wondering what the maximum amount of 600 or 600a refrigerant allowed in a domestic inviroment.

also what would be your thoughts on a 600a heat pump. Now I know it has a low volumetric flow date and flammable. I would love to hear your thoughts good/bad it all helps.

thanks
padraic

Rob White
02-11-2014, 10:39 PM

If it is in the building the limit is 1.5Kg.
If it is split indoors and outside the limit is 5Kg.
If it is secure outside then there is no real limit.

Rob

padraic
03-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks rob
I was thinking just two heat exchangers and compressor outside garage wall in a housed vented unit and all electrics and pumps etc inside garage wall so I'll have any ignition source well away

Rob White
04-11-2014, 02:26 PM

From the standards..........

If it is in area A (Domestic/public) Hospitals, airports, shopping centres, prisons, theatres, schools, supermarkets, hotels, dwellings. <1.5kg per sealed refrigerant circuit. <5 kg in special machinery rooms or in the open air or indirect systems.

Area B (Commercial/private) Offices, small shops, restaurants places for general manufacturing and were people work. < 2.5 kg per sealed refrigerant circuit. < 10 kg in special machinery rooms or open air for indirect systems.

Area C (Industrial/restricted access) Cold stores, diaries, abattoirs, non-public areas of supermarkets, plant rooms < 10kg in human occupied spaces. < 25kg if high pressure side is located in a special machinery room or in the open air.

No limit if entire refrigerant containing parts are in a special machinery room or in the open air.

Domestic is A, so you are limited to 5kg as you describe it.

Regards

Rob

padraic
04-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks rob
id surely get what I'd want under 5kg.
what do you do you think of setting it up on 600a and why don't we see more of it

regards
padraic

Rob White
05-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Thanks rob
id surely get what I'd want under 5kg.
what do you do you think of setting it up on 600a and why don't we see more of it

regards
padraic

I like HC refrigerants and I think they are going to play a
big part in our future choice of what we use.

I'm not afraid of the stuff like others are and as long as we
use it in the correct way I don't think it should be treated any
different to all the other refrigerants we use.

That said I do believe we should respect it's ability to cause
trouble, but if it is used correctly, I don't see any issues.

It makes up half of R410 and we have been using that for years
so I can't see why it won't be used in more and more applications.

Rob