PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTHD compressor overhaul interval?

Cetan
27-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone!
I am servicing a couple of Trane RTHD screws wich are approaching 40 000 hours each, but i cant find any specified service interval for overhaul of the screws in the documentation i have.
Are the Trane RTHD screws intended to run on condition or should they be overhauled regulary?
I have changed oil every 3 years and s.o.a.p test every year.

Cetan

centrecipew
10-12-2014, 05:30 PM
We advise customers to do oil analysis every year and change oil filter when required. Have had the CHHC compressors in the field now since 2001 and never had either Electrical or mechanical failure. The same compressor was used on RTHC chillers. Only had to change a few motor terminals! We have overhauled the previous 120 - 450 ton R22 generation compressor but after 150000 hrs +, even then they were in good working order.

Cetan
18-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I am very satisfied with the reliability of the Trane Rthd, during the 120 000 hours we have only had some minor difficulties, the tev for the oil cooler has been replaced due to vibration issues. And some issues with oil-but those where related to running to cold condensing temperature.
Regarding the service of the screws we performed an on-condition approach with more checkpoints regarding bearing condition- we will try to extend the time between overhauls as much as possible without sacrifising the reliability.

aero
24-04-2015, 12:53 AM
We advise customers to do oil analysis every year and change oil filter when required. Have had the CHHC compressors in the field now since 2001 and never had either Electrical or mechanical failure. The same compressor was used on RTHC chillers. Only had to change a few motor terminals! We have overhauled the previous 120 - 450 ton R22 generation compressor but after 150000 hrs +, even then they were in good working order.
Did you remove the compressor to do the terminals - or can they be done in place?