PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo American Fridge Freezer Squirting Water Randomly

Rohan Bassi
21-10-2014, 06:52 PM
My Daewoo American Fridge Freezer Is Squirting Water Randomly.

The water dispenser randomly turns on itself when no one is anywhere near the fridge.

I have defrosted it and turned the entire fridge off for a few hours, turned it back on and still same problem.

Any idea what the problem could be?

I have turned the water off so it stops for now, but obviously I now have no ice or water from the dispenser.

tonto33
22-10-2014, 03:17 PM
faulty water valve

tb637
13-11-2014, 12:39 PM
hi the problem is caused by a faulty micro switch which operates when you push a glass against it,

tony.

sphere478
25-11-2014, 04:57 AM
bosch had this issue on some of their units and many daewoo fridges share the same parts. the issue is difficult to track down i have seen it before but it never has done it while i was in front of it. the times we have seen it we have replaced the touch pad, and control board on top of the fridge that controls the water valve (one to the left i believe if i recall) and that has resolved the issue. i believe it might be false sensing in the touch pad but like i said there was verry little to go on cause it wouldn't do it when i was around. faulty hair trigger microswitch is a interesting possibility. ill have to look for that next one i see.