PDA

View Full Version : additive and mirocprosser question

jayjay
15-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I have a company that claims they can save me over $5,000 per year if I install two of there products. One is Compress Sheild polarized refrigerant oil additive?
And the other is Intellicon RU? its some type of micro processor that reads when the compressor will turn on and off and extends the cycle or something like that?
Any thoughts or help would be great.
Thanks

Andy
15-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi Jayjay:)
the first I don't know about.

The second is a good old optomiser:) Reduces the compresor cycle count per hour by raising the suction pressure. Most optomiser companies will give you a free trial month, they fit it and let you test it. If they won't give you a free trial or at least referances, it is of minimal effect and to be avoided.

Kind Regards. Andy:)

Dan
15-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I am dubious of all aftermarket oil additives. At best they won't accomplish anything and at worst they will cause problems with your refrigeration systems.

The microprocessor may or may not have merit. Some of these are just fancied up time delays and in essence operated the refrigeration at a higher average temperature than you desire. In those instances you could save the same amount of money by just raising the thermostat setting.

US Iceman
15-04-2006, 02:33 PM
HI jayjay,

I would not use or recommend any oil additive for reasons already mentioned by Dan.

On the subject of the control gadget I would be cautious of the claims made unless they can provide a list of references you can call to verify the claims.

A lot of people want to sell "things" to refrigeration people to increase their sales volume and they almost always say their product is the best and will work miracles.

Am I skeptical of these claims?...Yes sir.

What type of system are you running or using?

Dan
15-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Here's a review of the oil additive:

http://www.energyideas.org/default.cfm?o=h,g,gs,ds&c=z,z,compressshield*,3556

Peter_1
15-04-2006, 04:20 PM
What's the cost of the system?
You could propose to lease the system at a payment equal to the savings you make.
If they say that you can save x$, then they must have made a calculation which proves this savings.

Ask for this calculation.

Or do like some Belgium companies are doing: they may install it completely at their own costs and during 5 or 10 years, the savings is 50% yours and 50% for the installer.

You hear me coming: I don't believe it.

Try all the year long to lower your condensing pressure as low as possible, rise the suction pressure as high as possible and allowed and optimise the defrost cycles. That's the biggest savings you can make.
And all the rest is fancy vending tricks.
They all try to change nature laws.

US Iceman
15-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Try all the year long to lower your condensing pressure as low as possible, rise the suction pressure as high as possible and allowed and optimise the defrost cycles. That's the biggest savings you can make.

And all the rest is fancy vending tricks.
They all try to change nature laws.

Right on target with the advice and comments...:D

Dan
15-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Right on target with the advice and comments...

I fully agree.

Johnny Rod
18-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Too much oil in the refrigerant reduces efficiency (about 2% for each 1% of oil) but I can't see that adding something would change that - the oil would still be in there. I would want to know just where this $5k loss is.