PDA

View Full Version : New Air Con Advice

laneda01
12-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Hi All,

I am looking to have air con installed at my home/office, I want to ensure we choose the best system and one that is efficient.

Does anyone else recommend any resources?

Kind Regards,

Dave.

Grizzly
12-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Call me cynical Dave but who do you work for?
Because your First post is a direct sales pitch for a company and as such against all that the forum is about.

Grizzly
(Especially when individuals promote companies!)

install monkey
12-10-2014, 07:55 PM
quote "we choose the best system"- if your misses has anything to do with it youll end up with a desk fan:p

Brian_UK
12-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me that was suspicious about this post.

Quite how a sales pitch on maintenance decides a brand choice I can't imagine.

install monkey
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM
theres no daves on the board of directors!;)

Grizzly
12-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi IM.

I know I checked, but there are plenty of employees below the M.D.
Just a gut Feeling.
Grizzly

laneda01
12-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi, sorry if I have broken any rules, I have no affiliation to the site, I found it on StumbleUpon.

Sorry guys, I can remove it if I have offended anyone. I work with my wife as photographers and was looking for advice, that's all.

Does not look like the right place sorry.

Best Regards

Dave

monkey spanners
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM
They are one of the worst local companies i know of, spotted two of their engineers 'recovering' refrigerant with the vac pump. But hey they have a flashy web site so must be good!

As for the system, just go with a well known brand, maybe ask for some references or to see a system they have installed elsewhere.

r.bartlett
13-10-2014, 09:06 AM
They are one of the worst local companies i know of, spotted two of their engineers 'recovering' refrigerant with the vac pump. But hey they have a flashy web site so must be good!

As for the system, just go with a well known brand, maybe ask for some references or to see a system they have installed elsewhere.

I remember them as Carlton refrigeration many years back when they first started.

Glenn Moore
13-10-2014, 09:45 PM
So if monkey spanners comments are correct about this companies engineers who must be F Gas qualified ,tells me what I have suspected all along is that the F Gas qualification just allows you to work in this industry but does nothing to make engineers a more knowlegable, environmentally aware person that enhances their customers equipment, it is just another drain on financial resources in our industry which it can scarely afford and simply makes the cost of installing/servicing refrigeration plants so extortionate that many are simply run into the ground and cost the environment dearly with poorly designed systems using 50 year old technology , poorly commisioned systems, which waste huge amounts of energy, increase GWP etc etc.

still learning
17-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Asked dakin or mitsubushi , they may be able. To. Advise of a good installer in. Your area .
holding a fgas card,does not make. You a top engineer.
if you feel uneasy about. The blokes who have arrived to take your cash . Shop around .
Mind you if you met me , you may feel i was abit bonkers , but you. Will. Get a leak free system fitted by me .

tamcoaircon
27-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Well,I recommend you the three brands which will work much better for you:
1. Daikin
2. Mitsubishi
3. Kent