PDA

View Full Version : I need help. please. can't figure out what's wrong

farmersmarket
12-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Hi. I'm new here but been reading stuff here for long time.
I have a farmers market and we have a 24 ft display open cooler. We recently had to change the compressor because old one has died. And ever since then it's been working like a champ(it's been 3 months now). But just few days ago. End part of our cooler stopped working like it should. Display case is 2 X 12 ft connected together and has 2 side for each case. Everything works good except the one end side started not working. All side used to keep at 5 degrees to 14 degrees but since few days ago. That one side has been keeping at 14 degrees when it's in and 20 when it's off. So it's as same as if not working at all. I thought it was frozen somewhere but it's not the case. Please give me your thoughts.

cadwaladr
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Shortage of gas get the guy back who changed the compressor,hope he changed the filters!

tonashp
13-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Are you sure all the Evap fans are running if fitted?

farmersmarket
13-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Are you sure all the Evap fans are running if fitted?

Yes. They r spinning blowing warm air. .. :(

farmersmarket
13-10-2014, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=cadwaladr;301435]Shortage of gas get the guy back who changed the compressor,hope he changed the filters![/QUOTE
Do you think I might have a ***** leak ?
And when u said filter.. what kind of filter for what would you be referring to? Thank you for your reply sir btw.

cadwaladr
13-10-2014, 11:33 PM
The liquid line filter it will have one of some description,did the engineer do a nitrogen pressure test and vac it out when he changed the faulty compressor,finally what caused the old one to fail? as that may be the cause of the problem you have now.

tonashp
15-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a leak of refrigerant (*****), a pressure leak test and good vac should be carried out after opening the system. If it won't hold pressure it shouldn't be recharged without finding and repairing the leak.

Is the compressor running?
Is there any heat in the condenser, looking like a car radiator near the compressor?