PDA

View Full Version : He's back.

mikeref
07-10-2014, 02:55 AM
I tend to get nervous watching his video's.

http://youtu.be/snk3C4m44SY

PaulZ
07-10-2014, 03:24 AM
Hi Mike
I couldn't stop laughing, is this guy for real.
If he continues to do this sort of thing I reckon he will be a candidate for the Darwin Awards.
Regards
Paul

hyperion
07-10-2014, 10:03 AM
This is almost as good as his ESD video. I guess that he means well and is trying to get a message across. There is always a chance for a laugh at his expense.

MikeHolm
08-10-2014, 02:48 AM
He is almost British with his self deprecating humour. Love it.

mikeref
08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Yes. He is real. He is using a variation of the shock and awe method to deliver his message...so to speak.
The vid's are beyond border line as there are obvious potential risks to life and limb. No personal protection either.
Funny to watch though :)

MikeHolm
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM
He is here in Canada too, I found out. He is indeed funny.

install monkey
26-10-2014, 07:40 AM
used to have an aussie spark at my old gaff- was well impressed with our "fused light switches!"- (fuse spurs)
had to go and get his tools together as the thick c**t got a belt off a lighting ring and danced off the ladders and sat on the floor- i walked on site smiling and apparently he was hooked up to a heart moniter!-
i also had to go to birmingham for him as he wouldnt take a cover off a fuseboard or swap a breaker with it juiced up

Grizzly
26-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Daylight savings got you up as well IM?

I used to work with a electrician who, once kicked his Foreman off of a set of steps and got away with it!
Apparently at the time He was an apprentice and the Forman was fitting a metal cover back on some trunking.
The cover was either stuck or misaligned, so the foreman who had both hands spread out along the trunking to align it.

Hit the cover with one of his hands the live cable trapped behind the cover (which was the problem in the first place) shorted to Earth. IE through the cover and the spread eagled Forman.
Just for info, across the chest is the deadliest way of receiving an electrical shock. In this position the guy would effectively be "locked on" the muscle spasms preventing release.
The said Apprentice realising what's happening, kicked the steps from under the guy. He drops about 8'-0" into a pile on the floor extremely grateful
Another lesson from life!
Grizzly

MikeHolm
27-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I've got to look into this. There is nothing resembling a "live ring" on a simple switch over here. Still lots of shocks happen. luckily we are 120V for house wiring.

Right, looked it up. I assume you break the wire to join it to a switch. This must be easier than it sounds. I'll go back and look for pics.