PDA

View Full Version : problems with ice slurry production by spraying water in a vacuum chamber

goodluck99
14-04-2006, 02:56 PM
I am very interested in the field of ice slurry production by vacuum, some people call it vacuum ice. If anyone has datum or information or anyting about this , could you send it to my e-mail :goodluck99_forever@hotmail.com ,or give me some suggest here.
Thank you !:)

US Iceman
14-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the RE forum.

This is an interesting subject I am unfamiliar with. I am aware of the the ice slurry technology from Mueller, but it uses standard refrigeration systems, not vacuum cooling.

Only several links were found on Google, however they do not have any information.

If you find some information posted somewhere, please provide a link.

Thank you,
US Iceman

hybridjunction
14-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing rerigerant isn't used in the manufucture of the ice?? Just in the storage no?

Dan
15-04-2006, 02:58 AM
I am clueless. I will keep an eye on this thread. My first picture is water cooled close to its freezing temperature at atomsphere and then sprayed into a lower pressure with vacuum pumps that somehow can continue to run in process fashion.

Andy
15-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi:)

Ice slurry from a vacumn, didn't think it was possible. How do you stop the water vapourising:confused:

I suppose we have all created ice whilst pulling vacumn, it's easy just pull a low vacumn quickly without adding any heat.

then mix it with a glycol and you have an ice slurry.

I suppose the water would be sprayed into a insulated vacumn vessel.

I await more information especially on the energy usage required to create ice from a vacumn.

Kind Regards Andy:)

coolman
15-04-2006, 07:44 PM
This is Possibol.

We do have quiet some installations running on flow-Ice.
The flow ice is produced bij adapcool controlled standard system, wich is designed to run mostly during the night, during night electric is cheaper and sins most of the time it is coolder we can use lower condensing pressures.
The ice is collected in a very big bin and used during the day.

Some time ago we dit experiment with vacuum flow ice.
(it was a joined effort between the 2 biggest refrigeration companies)
Principle:
A big tank, with a evaporator in it to cool it down.
Apply a vacuum to even futher lower the evapotative point of water en create a ice slurry with very small particales to get a very dence ice slurry.

The project has momantarely stopt since big investments in supermarkets due te economics recesion did sease.

Hop it is of some help

Regards Victor

US Iceman
16-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi Victor,

Thank you for the information. Do you have a flow diagram of the vacuum ice system you can post please?

Thanks & Best regards,
US Iceman