PDA

View Full Version : LG, it made me chuckle.

Andy W
13-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Got a call from a guy today wanting an heat pump suitable for a bedroom, he tells me he has researched various manufacturers and he categorically will not accept LG, he has heard so many negative comments and reports and he said he would sooner buy a B & Q system than an LG!:D

Looks like I will be installing Fujitsu or Mitsi..............see what you have done now LG, thats what comes with rubbish products, NO back up or technical assistance. Think you shot your selves in the foot.:eek:

Argus
14-04-2006, 01:53 PM
B & Q it is then........

________
volcano classic vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Daddy Cool
14-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I bumped into a friend yesterday who was installing six LG units at a local school, so after a coffee and cigarette, i offered him a lift onto the roof with the condensing unit. My very first touch of an LG product. I thought i would be smart and leave the compressor end to him, i was after all only offering a hand. Whilst chatting, and without looking, i reached down and searched around for something to hold on to. No luck and he was already about to lift, so i made a grab, at first i though i had grabbed the coil as my palm sliced open, but no, it was the case. I think LG should give up on the A/C and make scapels or razors instead. Forget the new Wilkinson quattro blade and check out the LG no face razor. First and last time i touch LG.

Brian_UK
14-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Yep, I've been cut on the one and only LG that I've had to take the covers off. Nasty stuff.

Karl Hofmann
14-04-2006, 10:53 PM
First time I ever fitted an LG, I dropped it 20 feet. That had to be an omen. Thing is the damned thing still worked.

Andy W
15-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I gashed my finger badly last year while trying to fit the lid on an LG condensing unit.

Andy T
17-04-2006, 12:01 AM
LG air con must be at the cutting edge then.

lonesurvivor
24-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Come on guys
If it wasn't for Lg's, I wouldn't have a job
If they were reliable what would I do?

S_Line
10-05-2006, 08:26 AM
fisrt post made me laugh ! A Domestic Customer saying what he DIDNT WANT !!!

Dont forget theres lots of other naff makes out threre !

Andy W
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM

I installed him a small wall mounted Fujitsu and he is chuffed to bits with it.

Karl Hofmann
10-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Yup,

This months makro mail has an 11500BTU "Darel" minisplit for £199.99.

S_Line
10-05-2006, 09:20 PM
:lol: a " Darel " who ever does think up the names ?

Karl Hofmann
10-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Someone called Darel who has a complex?

More is the point, who is going to put them in? Looking at the picture, it doesn't seem to have those quick connectors, so it will be an install job!!!

daddymac
11-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Costco have a similar thing according to a mate of mine... a brand he'd never heard of, but it at leaststipulated that professional installation was required. No "self sealing" push-fit connectors, but I wonder how many "faulty" ones they'll get back when people have tried using 6&10mm microbore! :rolleyes:

S_Line
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
We are just about to install for a Customer who Has Bought One :(

We will install to our High Standards, and lets see what happens ?? :(

adamtemp
01-07-2006, 09:15 AM
We are just about to install for a Customer who Has Bought One :(

We will install to our High Standards, and lets see what happens ?? :(

How did it go as Makro mail starting next week has the unit on offer again but states pro install.

rbartlett
01-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Someone called Darel who has a complex?

a 'split' personality?

Cheers

richard

airconlad
31-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi

I work in an LG repair centre in the UK repairing LG telecom equipment (office phone systems) 12 years there so far.

Not many people know that LG meant years ago before rebranding Lucky Goldstar and not "Lifes Good", as LG were Goldstar.

The phrase your Lucky to get a Goldstar product that works is oftern still quoted to me.

However I have an old Goldstar Microwave 20 years old and still going strong, and I even bought a 50 inch LG Plasma and that's been as good as gold for 3 years so far, touch wood.

Is it right that LG now sell more air conditoning systems than any other make ?

Got a report saying they do but have no idea if its 100% accurate but I do see allot of them stuck to buildings now so LG units must be quite popular proberbly as they are cheep.

Ta