PDA

View Full Version : rmp sensor

Maximo111
23-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Hello friends.
Rpm sensor alarms. Are these alarms an issue down the road?
I know that the sensor produces AC current if checked at sensor while engine on,but what voltage should it be at? Please advice.

Thanks.

IRMechanik
24-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Hello friends.
Rpm sensor alarms. Are these alarms an issue down the road?
I know that the sensor produces AC current if checked at sensor while engine on,but what voltage should it be at? Please advice.

Thanks.

can cause problems down the road. If the unit doesn't read RPM it doesn't know it's running, it may shut down on code 63(engine stopped, reason unknown) or fail to start on code 20 (engine failed to crank) The sensor should be 275-300 ohms resistance. With the wires off the sensor should output somewhere between 4-7 VAC in high speed. A leaking rear main will gum up the sensor and it will have trouble reading.

Maximo111
07-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Thanks so much,been sick for a while and didn't see what you replied.

wop
08-10-2014, 01:12 AM
I e also chased my tail on a code 44 because of the rpm sensor. The micro thought it was stalling because the rpms were so erratic. That's one I won't forget in a while. And of course it didn't shut down when I was standing there waiting for it to happen.

swampy84
11-10-2014, 04:47 AM
They will also bring up a code 63 because when the sensor reads low the micro thinks its
Struggling to run and cuts out. Pull the sensor out wipe the end clean, wind all the way in, back off half a turn , fasten locknut. Ensure your crimp terminals are in good condition too