PDA

View Full Version : R744 with an Embraco compressor - what lubricant should I use?

Hugoscampos
23-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Hugo and I am a mechanical engineering student from Brazil. I am working on a heat pump that uses CO2 (R744) as its refrigerant. The heat pump uses an Embraco EK6210CD compressor, made for CO2 usage.
Long story short, the piston broke, Embraco wouldn't sell us another compressor, we had to open it up and machine a new piston. The new one works fine. The thing is, now we need to find out which lubricant oil to use, since we no longer have the original one. I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone shed a light on this issue for me?

I thank you guys in advance.

dino pushkin
23-09-2014, 07:44 PM
thats something you could google my guess mineral oil sounds about right to me but your supplier should know should also be in catalouge sorry cant give you definate answer best wishes

Hugoscampos
23-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the answer! I tried googling, found nothing. Supplier won't answer and couldn't find the catalog - apparently it is a rather rare compressor. I'm totally lost here!

monkey spanners
24-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Fuchs and Emkarate make oils for CO2 compressors, though i don't know the exact grade that would be suitable for your compressor.

Just found this, http://www.embraco.com/DesktopModules/DownloadsAdmin/Arquivos/09001.pdf

Hugoscampos
24-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Monkey, I can't thank you enough! I guess I suck at googling. Thanks for the help, man! This will do, I suppose. Sorry about the trouble, guys! You are awesome.