PDA

View Full Version : What kind of white sediment clogged suction filter on the reefer provision plant

andycheng1969
22-09-2014, 06:46 PM
In the system R-22.1177711778

NH3LVR
23-09-2014, 11:20 PM
You have me on this one!
Could a Suction Drier or even a Liquid Drier have come apart?
I do remeber a discussion about some parts from an Ammonia system being installed in a R-22 system and causing similar problems, although I doubt this is the case here.

Glenn Moore
24-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi
I have seen a white substance that chokes Driers, expansion valves orifices and filters, several times over the past couple of years. From lab tests done it was found to be a substance called Alofatic wax (not sure of the spelling) which is caused by mixing lubricants. Flushing the system , replacing the oil and fitting new good quality driers normally cures the problem.

andycheng1969
24-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Good day, thank you very much for your replays.
It is provision plant system, lub oil for compressor is CASTROL Aircol 266.
Can be that some person from Crew filled up wrong one.
Dryer on the system is DF8-4G with silica gel, which we ordered in can for replacement.
Appreciate for recommendation how to correct flush system.
What means good quality dryer?

Glenn Moore
24-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Drain all oil from the system , ie compressor , oil seperator (if fitted) remove all filters and driers and replace with clean filters and new SOLID CORE DRIERS such as a DANFOSS DM type or SPORLAN . DO NOT USE A LOOSE FILL type of drier.
Replace the compressor oil with new fresh oil from a sealed can. Run system for a couple of hours and repeat the process .Check that all filters are now clean Fit new Solid core driers and fresh oil and this should clear the system
Best of luck

andycheng1969
25-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks Glenn, noted.