PDA

View Full Version : installer needed in N.E UK (sunderland)

knighty
17-09-2014, 07:39 PM
hi

anyone here in north east uk ?

the normal engineer I use is half retired and only does light work... the last time I got someone out of the yellow pages I knew more than he did (he'd never seen a system pump down before) - and I know just enough to know I know nothing!

I'd chance it with a random company again, but I've got a 2 of 30hp compressors which need installing and I'm a bit worried about someone who's not used to that size of compressor/system killing it! (phoned another company earlier, wasn't impressed)

quick run down of the systems so anyone reading has an idea of what's needed

there's 2 x 30hp franscold compressors LINK (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tehnoholod.org%2Fphoto%2Fdoc_357.pdf&ei=DswZVKuDNM2RaMyOgqAM&usg=AFQjCNEc0P2aJ-KzwCzdF4Qi6nynp6454g&sig2=RWoL9Rc6tdT9DiLWJRizIw)
bought these second hand, but they were fully reconditioned before I bought them (from a refrigeration company)
2 x big 3 fan evaporators, made by LU-VE, no idea on model

these both came with pressure regulators for the gas line LINK PAGE 15 (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parker.com%2Fliterature%2FAftermarket%2520AC%2520and%2520Refrigeration%2520Divi sion%2FPDF%2520Files%2FCatalogs%2FCatalogF2.pdf&ei=y8oZVNX9F5DbaK7pguAG&usg=AFQjCNEx0JpRTv3O5J5FV9WDzCPNP7Qf_Q&sig2=nsZDYCeOxJjYWcjD9tGHcw) they're the A8 OE ones - I have no idea if these are actually needed in my setup... (or what they are for tbh)

there's also 2 smaller, 5hp systems to install, into the same freezer

room is 10m long 5m wide 4m high - to be used as a blast freezer
2 smaller systems run 24/7, 30hp systems only run overnight

freezer is in a steel frame building, compressors are right over the freezer, on a steel mesh floor, so access is a piece of cake

power is 3 feet away from the control panels, but not connect to them yet

I've got the original wiring diagrams for the big systems, they're not very clear (bit old.damp) but should be fine

2 smaller systems have long lengths of wire on, piece of cake to connect them up

so... anyone interested ? or know anyone I should contact ?

I don't care if you're a big company, a one man band, when you want to work, how you want to be paid or anything else... just need someone who knows what they're doing... I can help do the donkey work/hold stuff if needed

p.s. someone nicked most of the defrost heaters out of the 2 big evaporators... I'd be interested, not sure if hot gas defrost is an option instead ? - I;ll do whatever installer thinks is best :-)

The Viking
17-09-2014, 11:18 PM
OK,
If I take this on, will the responsibility for the design and thus the correct operation of the systems lie with me or you?
Will I get paid even if the systems never start? If they start but not pull the temperature down in the room? What if the system starts and get the room down to temperature but blows up after a week?

:cool:

knighty
18-09-2014, 01:47 AM
well... there's going to be 70hp of compressors on a room that only needs about 5hp to keep it at -20... if it doesn't come down to temperature there's something seriously wrong

but... the room is built, the compressors/evaps are already bought etc.. it all needs setting up and connecting up... if you do all that and there's something wrong with the compressors etc.. that's not your fault

family business has been running since 1890, and I've been running it 10 years, there'll be no problem with being paid etc..

I did have someone lined up to do the work, but he's moved away on short notice (split with his wife)

If you're interested (or anyone else too) it's probably best to come take a look first ?

I'm flexible about how/when it's done... I just want someone who knows what he's doing - or at least someone who's going to phone someone and check things before he breaks it/whatever

the guy out of the yellow pages, who worked for a big company, and came in a nice shiny sign written van, who'd never even heard of a compressor pumping down freaked me out tbh.

I'm an easy going guy, the compressors are big (to me anyway) but it's nice and straight forward, great access etc.. all under cover no working in the rain etc... and I don't care if you're in shiny overalls or look like a tramp, I'll hand you tools or I'll get out of your way and leave you to it, just need someone who knows what he's doing :-)

EDIT: read over what I said here and earlier

tbh I think if you're an engineer, on this forum, then you're probably not the kind of fitter I'm trying to avoid anyway

and, we can agree out payment before work starts - once anyone who's interested in doing it has met me, I'm confident they'll be happy with me and not worried about being screwed over or anything like that :-)