PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Xario 600 unit problem at running

sanad
16-09-2014, 10:28 PM
The mentioned unit is running electrically only with stand by semi sealed compressor.That means no road compressor ,no diesel engine.
The unit is starting and running well and after few min.approx.10 min. stops and start again after half min.
I checked the cab controller alarm ,I found nothing.I pressed set key 5s for Alarm,it was A00. That means no Alarm.
Could you please inform me why the unit running by this way repeated the mentioned behavior and how to repair?

cadwaladr
16-09-2014, 11:10 PM
What's the set point?

sanad
16-09-2014, 11:26 PM
set point -10c. It is for meat

sanad
16-09-2014, 11:29 PM
By the way,I changed the set point to +15c.The problem still existing.

cadwaladr
16-09-2014, 11:33 PM
They are not heat cool,cool only set it lower than the displayed temperature

cadwaladr
16-09-2014, 11:34 PM
What's the temperature reading on the display when it stops?

sanad
17-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Today morning,I tested the unit again.The temperature reading was 22 C while the set point -10C.I noticed that the unit runs 22 seconds and stop .stopping time 10 seconds.All the time ,it is running approximately by this way. No diplay for any alarm.I checked the electrical protection thermistor of the motor although I know well that in case of a fault at the thermistor ,the display indicates A03. Because I did the problem by my self, I found alarm P03.
The alarm P03 did not disappear and the unit is running with mentioned bad behavior.What do you think.[/B]

cadwaladr
17-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Alarm with p ,means past alarm.

cadwaladr
17-09-2014, 06:49 PM
The thermister is in the wiring of the compressor I would put a thermal overload in the wiring between the contactor and the compressor to be safe.

IRMechanik
18-09-2014, 03:31 AM
To clear past alarms press the on, + and - at the same time.
Is the compressor contactor staying engaged? Does the unit continue to run indefinitely starting and stopping? A low pressure fault will not trigger an alarm the first time, it may cycle a few times before setting an alarm and shutting the unit down.

sanad
21-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey,my freinds
I found the main reason of the problem.I noticed that when the fan condenser starts to run ,the unit is stopping directly.I checked the voltage at the coil of contactor ,it was 12v DC.It should be 24 vDC.I was surprised how the liquid solenoid which is 24 vDC is energized with 12 vDC and at the same time ,the motor of compressor is running as a result to the contactor coil energized with 12v DC also.Any way , to be sure that the fault is the control voltage is 12 not 24 vDC, I disconnected the wire input of fuse FS(standby fuse)and connected wires of external battereis 24vDC,the unit is running now well.That means the voltage for microprocessor and sby(stand by relay ) is correct now .I am going to replace the transformer +bridge rectifier.Thank you for all of you.

IRMechanik
22-09-2014, 03:51 AM
Hey,my freinds
I found the main reason of the problem.I noticed that when the fan condenser starts to run ,the unit is stopping directly.I checked the voltage at the coil of contactor ,it was 12v DC.It should be 24 vDC.I was surprised how the liquid solenoid which is 24 vDC is energized with 12 vDC and at the same time ,the motor of compressor is running as a result to the contactor coil energized with 12v DC also.Any way , to be sure that the fault is the control voltage is 12 not 24 vDC, I disconnected the wire input of fuse FS(standby fuse)and connected wires of external battereis 24vDC,the unit is running now well.That means the voltage for microprocessor and sby(stand by relay ) is correct now .I am going to replace the transformer +bridge rectifier.Thank you for all of you.

Check the low voltage capacitor as well. All the units here I deal with are 12vdc but yours should be similar. The capacitor should be bolted to the condenser. The connections at the capacitor often burn causing the voltage to drop when the fans engage.

sanad
23-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Dear freinds
Today the unit is running well because I found fuse F1 is opened.F1,F2,F3 are fuses which are responsible for primary of trasformer.I installed a new one and the voltage is now at the coil of contactor is 22v not 12 v.The fan motor of condenser started to run without stopping the unit .
Again thanks a lot for yr help.
I faced another problem when I tried the unit as a Road.The voltage of the car battery is 24V .I measured the voltage at the output of fuse FR(40A)and it is ok.The problem is that no power to Cab Control.the display is off.
What do you expect?

IRMechanik
23-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Dear freinds
Today the unit is running well because I found fuse F1 is opened.F1,F2,F3 are fuses which are responsible for primary of trasformer.I installed a new one and the voltage is now at the coil of contactor is 22v not 12 v.The fan motor of condenser started to run without stopping the unit .
Again thanks a lot for yr help.
I faced another problem when I tried the unit as a Road.The voltage of the car battery is 24V .I measured the voltage at the output of fuse FR(40A)and it is ok.The problem is that no power to Cab Control.the display is off.
What do you expect?

Check the wire that goes to the vehicle ignition source. There should be an inline fuse (F1). I think it's a 2a. Yes there are two F1 fuses, one low voltage, one high.