PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Altherma Hydrobox setting 10degrees default for outdoor unit

Bibi
13-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Hello guys,

I have a problem with Altherma setting, maybe someone could help me out.
I have a hxydrobox EHVH16S26C9W and outdoor unit 11 kW. Unit is 1 year old.

My target tank temperature is 46 degrees. Setting for tank is reheat and scheduled.
I noticed when temperature falls for 3 degrees - pump starts and backup heaters jump in. In summer if I m lucky in morning outdoor unit starts, but during the day it just heats up with backup heaters.

How can I modify heat pump that it would heat up water with outdoor unit at desired temperature difference and is there any time blockage that I would not get 50 starts in day just for hot water.

Refrigerologist
23-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Are you an end user or an Altherma install/service engineer? It sounds to me as if the installer settings are wrong. The boost heater delay time could be too short, also the set up for use for boost heater only on low ambient may be set too high.

If you are not savvy with the Daikin Altherma set up in installer mode you probably do not want to be poking around in there.

woolyback
04-11-2014, 05:44 PM
This is not correct opertion of the unit, there is probably a setting that could be changed but to begin with try using the unit in schedule only mode and see if that does the job. if not let me know and i can investigate further.