PDA

View Full Version : ciat chiller HP

bmxaircon
02-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,
First post so be gentle ha, I have a ciat chiller that keeps tripping on HP and cant get anything to run. Found fan bearings siezed and hardly spinning.also fault keeps switching between circuits 1 and 2. Usually work on air conditioning so its all a bit different.
Cheers guys hope you can help!

The Viking
02-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Well,

Your chiller is just a large A/C unit cooling water instead of air so you shouldn't have any problems.

If there isn't enough airflow across the condensor then the system will drop out on HP.
OR, if the load (in this case the water temp) is too high the system will also fault on HP.

Just like on an A/C you can try spraying the condenser with water to see if your head pressure goes down and you can run the rest of the system BUT THIS IS NOT A LONG TERM SOLUTION.

Also worth checking is is your HP swithes cut out at the correct pressures, on chillers the HP swithes are normally adjustable. Check cut out pressures and compare with marking plate of chiller.

Happy hunting.

:cool:

frank
02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
What would you expect your air conditioning unit to do if the condenser fan bearings were seized and hardly turning?

Have you had any gauges on the chiller to see what pressure the unit trips on?

The swap between circuit 1 and circuit 2 is due to the unit having duty sharing enabled.

bmxaircon
02-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I have had gauges on, but it doesn't cut in on restart. And yeah I suppose about the fan, which ive already noted before hand. Was just going to see any other things to check. Cheers guys