PDA

View Full Version : Modern Refrigeration 19th Edition

Steve_Kent
27-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi all, sorry for such a simple question but is the 19th edition book better than the 18th or any previous version ? I have put together a small selection of books I want to read over the next couple of months and this along with "principles of refrigeration" is at the very top.

I was able to get the principles book very cheap but as the modern refrigeration books is quite a bit more I would like to make sure I get the right one. I am based in the UK and would prefer not have to convert units and what not.

thanks in advance

monkey spanners
27-08-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't think there is a lot of difference in them, they are used as a textbook in the states so maybe they have updated the course they are used for. (though i could be wrong!)

Steve_Kent
27-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks Monkey, If they are used in the US for course books are they all in US measurements ? I read that there is a international version for us lot but I cannot seem to find it :)

Hamza Alg
31-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I have both the 18th and the 19th and the 19th is much better, better lay out and easier to read and more update with latest controls. I have most refrigeration books on the market, new and old and my advice is don't even bother with the 18th and get your self the 19th edition as its the only book you will need.

Steve_Kent
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
thanks hamza that is the kind of input I was hoping for :) I just started with the priciple of rerigeration book which seems to be a good read but a lot of the theory is not metric.

thanks again for the input