PDA

View Full Version : Internal Leakage In Brazed Heat Exchanger

alamda
16-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Please in need your help in Internal Leakage In Brazed Heat Exchanger

RANGER1
16-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Alamda, pretty sure it cannot be repaired, so you need a new one.
Best to find out what caused it, freeze up, poor flow etc.

Is the leak on refrigerant side?

alamda
16-08-2014, 07:53 AM
yes , in refrigerant side to the water tank side
i fond oil in the water tank

alamda
16-08-2014, 08:34 AM
can you explaine more to me the resonse , what caused it?

MikeHolm
16-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Poor internal brazing or a freezeup on the water side caused by a pump failure (possibly). I've see it many times. What brand of HX and what position is it placed?

PRESS
16-08-2014, 12:58 PM
In rarer cases I have met cavitation and corrossive water chemistry together with other conditions mentioned above played a part in causing leakages in heat exchangers.

alamda
25-08-2014, 11:38 AM
thanks for reply and the model of exchanger GBH500H-AE-60 and i installed its new after tow weeks leakages

MikeHolm
25-08-2014, 08:27 PM
thanks for reply and the model of exchanger GBH500H-AE-60 and i installed its new after tow weeks leakages

Any pump failures or other conditions that could cause freezing on the water side? If not, it will most likely be a manufacturing problem. Two weeks is too short a time for most chemical issues.

Magoo
26-08-2014, 03:06 AM
Braised plate HXs do not like rapid cyclic temp changes as stainless partitions will crack and fail, I have killed a few, so now stipulate double wall and reduce the failure rates. On larger applications the re-stackable versions.

alamda
26-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Any pump failures or other conditions that could cause freezing on the water side? If not, it will most likely be a manufacturing problem. Two weeks is too short a time for most chemical issues.

Only one times freezing up on the ***** side in the suction line up from the HXs to the compressor its like snow

alamda
26-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Only one times freezing up on the ***** side in the suction line up from the HXs to the compressor its like snow

one times its Enough to damage the HXs?

alamda
26-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Braised plate HXs do not like rapid cyclic temp changes as stainless partitions will crack and fail, I have killed a few, so now stipulate double wall and reduce the failure rates. On larger applications the re-stackable versions.

what do you mean ?
u mean the Braised plate HXs its not good and cracks occur

MikeHolm
26-08-2014, 09:21 PM
If you go many times from heating to cooling, for example, without enough time to gradually evenly heat up or cool down the entire HX, it can cause stresses that break the stainless.

Each application has a HX that is right for it. It may be "plate and frame" with gaskets or brazed, or "shell and tube".