PDA

View Full Version : working in UK

Haz
14-08-2014, 10:30 AM
is there much a/c or refrigeration work in the UK. what kind of money do you get and can you get a job ok with a mostly aircon background? wouldn't mind working back home for a bit once I done my trade, what kind of hvac work is there a lot of in the uk if you can do it?

Rob White
14-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Yes, in general good guys tend to be able to find jobs.

AC seems to have more jobs available than fridge but there
are always companies looking for guys.

In AC they tend to split between install or service, when
working for the larger companies and smaller companies
sometimes require guys who can install and service.

The more experience you have in all the different areas of
AC, the more jobs that will be available to you.

Regards

Rob

Anz
14-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Is there no work in oz? I thought there'd be **** loads?

PRESS
14-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I have always been under the impression that there is even more work in oz than anywhere else. I wish to hear what the guys in canada and the states say about availability of work in those countries.

install monkey
14-08-2014, 09:20 PM
im shocked that an aussie is wanting to work over in the uk!!!!!!- if you can cope with the crap weather-no surfing, and sarcastic brits ( BONZA) then youll be ok, -
is there much a/c or refrigeration work in the UK. what kind of money do you get and can you get a job ok with a mostly aircon background? wouldn't mind working back home for a bit once I done my trade, what kind of hvac work is there a lot of in the uk if you can do it?

Anz
14-08-2014, 09:38 PM
im shocked that an aussie is wanting to work over in the uk!!!!!!- if you can cope with the crap weather-no surfing, and sarcastic brits ( BONZA) then youll be ok, -

I am also shocked , I think the uk would be great if it didn't piss down 90% of the time and wasn't an overpopulated Piss hole hahaha

r.bartlett
14-08-2014, 10:05 PM
f-gas...........

Anz
14-08-2014, 10:10 PM
f-gas...........

What do u mean?

r.bartlett
15-08-2014, 05:02 AM
What do u mean?

he is not qualified to work in the uk. We should make them jump through hoops at their own expense and insult their own qualifications and experience and generally make it as difficult as they do. See how they like it.

Anz
15-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Ah I see said the blind man

hyperion
15-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Well put Rich.

Gibbo
15-08-2014, 11:01 PM
A drive around London will show you that there are a never ending amount of johnny foreigners in this trade.

Haz
18-08-2014, 12:01 PM
thanks for your responses. There's loads of work in oz, pretty much everywhere especially northern parts/inland. Find it crazy there is aircon work in England, didn't think reverse cycle worked particulary well in cold climates. thought -5 was the limit to transfer heat.

Anz
18-08-2014, 06:48 PM
It's not that bloody cold here haha

install monkey
18-08-2014, 07:28 PM
hopes he's got webbed feet- its not the cold , its the liquid sunshine he's gonna have to get used to
:p

Dynamic-Fridgy
02-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Would anyone know the process of gaining recognition of trade qualification, f gas cert, and if there is any ammonia handling qualification or if it is covered by f gas. I am going to be moving from australia to your "overpopulated Piss hole hahaha" in 6 months time and am hoping to be prepared as possible so i can move into work asap, thanks.

Rob White
02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Would anyone know the process of gaining recognition of trade qualification, f gas cert, and if there is any ammonia handling qualification or if it is covered by f gas. I am going to be moving from australia to your "overpopulated Piss hole hahaha" in 6 months time and am hoping to be prepared as possible so i can move into work asap, thanks.

You don't get the right to call it that until your here. Then you can call it what you want :)

As for F-gas and ammonia, we have separate qualifications for those
and they are not transferable from you'r region to ours (Europe).
If you have a European qual you would be ok.

You will have to prove your compliance in an exam and assessment
for both F-gas and ammonia. The Ammonia ticket normally comes
after the F-gas. In the UK you are allowed to work on any refrigerant
(except ammonia) with a F-gas ticket (sometimes referred to as a safe
handling of refrigerants) and then guys who work on industrial systems
then tend to get the ammonia qual afterwards.

Regards

Rob