PDA

View Full Version : Tonnage of Imeco Evaporator?

Sleigher
08-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Hi,
We are having all kinds of issues with blast freezing products. Works great one day, terrible the next. Temperatures are great, air is great. Even have two different pallets in the same tunnel that are 35 degrees apart.
I'm trying to be more scientific so I'd like to get the tonnage on some of our units. Right now I'm looking for info on an Imeco BFX3827-102 Serial Number 1936-1RH4.
If anyone could provide any insight I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

PRESS
08-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Who manufactures these evaporators. Looks like data on these things is quite elusive.

McFranklin
14-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Imeco was its own company. In the 1990's it was acquired by Frick, which is now part of Johnson Controls Inc. About 4 or 5 years ago Johnson Controls shutdown Imeco.
The USA branches kept a lot of the legacy information, and the Frick sizing software still listed the Imeco units.
The South African Johnson Controls might be willing to help. I will try to attach a web link, if the moderators will allow it.

Johannesburg (Head Office)
PO Box 469, ISANDO, 1600
42 Electron Avenue, ISANDO, JOHANNESBURG, 1600
TEL: +27 11 921 7100
FAX: +27 11 921 7200
http://www.johnsoncontrols.co.za/content/za/en/products/building_efficiency/localcontact.html

RANGER1
14-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi,
We are having all kinds of issues with blast freezing products. Works great one day, terrible the next. Temperatures are great, air is great. Even have two different pallets in the same tunnel that are 35 degrees apart.
I'm trying to be more scientific so I'd like to get the tonnage on some of our units. Right now I'm looking for info on an Imeco BFX3827-102 Serial Number 1936-1RH4.
If anyone could provide any insight I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Sleigher,
What immediately comes to mind is poor air flow over some of the product.
Pay attention to how they a loaded to make sure there is a path for air to go over product, as well short circuiting of air bypassing product.
Frosted or partially frosted air cooler could also be a possibility.
Check defrost intervals, infiltration.

What product are you freezing & how is it loaded in blast, more detail the better.