View Full Version : Valve Identification

05-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys
Wondering if anyone out there can identify this valve. I have asked around without any luck. I need to source a service kit / o-rings before starting a refrigerant retrofit.

05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Looks like a Henry shut off valve, dean n wood were the last people who had kits for them but would be doubtful if they have stock, may need to replace it?


The Viking
05-08-2014, 10:53 PM
A standard Henry shut off valve of that age?
Is it really worth refurbing it?
Would be safer to replace it and probably cheaper too if you add labour to the cost of materials.


monkey spanners
05-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Fit a new one!

Though its a shame when these old things go, they looked much nicer and lasted longer than modern stuff.

install monkey
05-08-2014, 11:04 PM
no shame when ur luggin it to the scrap yard!:p

05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi guys
Thanks for the replies.
I really would love to cut them out and replace with new but due to the amount of these valves fitted around the system and the time constraints on the job I really do not have the time to replace them.
Thanks again.

06-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Usually with older kit we dismantle, measure & buy the required O rings from a supplier - gaskets / washers / teflons & the like can be manufactured by gasket supplier or some machine shops

06-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Its just that you are on the other side of the globe, but there is a place on this side of the globe where they sell refurb kits for old valves. Hope your plan of keeping these valves will work. All the best.