PDA

View Full Version : Honeywell RTH9580WF

vreden
05-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm refrigeration engeneer from Bulgaria. I have the following case study, I would like to put in a house smart thermostat, but I can not find it suitable for our system. Honeywell offer such only US system, they communicate with the chiller. I want to run a fan with three speeds and valve. There must be two mode - heating and cooling. My question is, is there a way to connect this Honeyvel thermostat (RTH9580WF) so that it works on my requirements?
Salus offer similar thermostat, but it has less features and is not as attractive.
Thank you.

PRESS
05-08-2014, 05:50 PM
What system do you have Vreden?
With smart controllers you have to make sure that they can be able to communicate (talk ) to your chiller. 1st determine the communication protocol used by your chiller and see if it can talk to the controller of your choice. The reason why some controllers are only sold in certain countries is because of the communication protocols they use which are otherwise not standard protocols in other countries. There are quite a few building standard communication protocols like bacnet, lonworks, KNX, N2 Bus(Johnson Controls Only) used for HVAC&R purposes. There are gudgets which can convert a protocol to another protocol these days, not my favorite way of doing things though they work very well.

vreden
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi, Press. I just have to control fan coil with 3 speed fan and valve for water. The system is air to water heat pump and this controller will control room themperature, it will controll fan and valve for water system.