PDA

View Full Version : which one is a better ?

mbc
25-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I am designing this system and I would like to see your idea ?

in first one liquid goes to thermosiphon oil cooler passing ECO bronzed plate and temperature of that comes down .

in second one liquid comes from receiver .

The MG Pony
25-07-2014, 04:04 PM
First one, to have a siphon you need fairly open flow unrestricted, gravity and heat is what moves the fluid.

deleat the vent line from condenser to receiver, run the receiver to oil cooler, then run the oil cooler out to the condenser.

This will allow great gravity flow and cooling to the oil and allow the condenser to drain freely to the receiver while creating the needed temperature gradient to drive the flow you want

The MG Pony
25-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Since if I am not mistaken you are using the chlorine as the refrigerant, I'd personally aim to design the system with as little joints and failure points as possible in such a case.

mbc
28-07-2014, 04:19 AM
dear pony
I am using R- 22 to cool chlorine to -35 at 3.2 bar it be come CH2 - liquid .

mbc
28-07-2014, 04:56 AM
Dear pony

In sheet 1 liquid goes to oil cooler is passing ECO pleat cooler and temperature of that comes around -1 c
so I have more efficiency in oil cooler but I need large ECO plate cooler and more liquid injection to that,
so may be more pressure in ECO and that will effect to compressor efficiency. (not sure)

but about gravity
Receiver on top +4 meter then ECO about 1 meter higher than oil cooler and all of them in one line (vertical )

In sheet 2
it is standard system for thermosiphon oil cooling

so I am not sure which on in better.

The MG Pony
28-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Sheet two is the best lay out

The MG Pony
28-07-2014, 01:35 PM
All so a quick point: Red designates discharge, blue designates suction, green would be the chlorine gas flow, so based on the colours of your schematic it apears you are using the chlorin as the refrigerent.

the issue is compounded by the fact they use green on txv's for r22 so I can see the confussion, any schematic should state the working gas, the process gass and a table with the data on it.

RANGER1
28-07-2014, 11:34 PM
I think 2a is best, pipework for balance lines also ok.
No need to subcool liquid to thermosyphon as loads up economiser for no benefit.
Suggest be carefull with PHE on thermosyphon due to pressure drops.
Normally shell & tube in most cases, but PHE still possible.

mbc
29-07-2014, 06:36 AM
dear Renger 1
thanks for your advise .
what you mean of PHE due pressure drops. Could you explain it ? Please

RANGER1
29-07-2014, 09:26 AM
dear Renger 1
thanks for your advise .
what you mean of PHE due pressure drops. Could you explain it ? Please

I am probably incorrect in saying that, but only mean take it into consideration with selection of PHE & pipework design.
Also think about any possible areas where oil may collect.
preferential feed to thermosyphon oil cooler can also be a good idea.

mbc
29-07-2014, 11:55 AM
in this system the area my I have oil trap is in let of oil cooler and to solve that . I took inlet of ECO as I did in attached file .

at the moment I am assembling all parts and doing electrical drowning .11688