PDA

View Full Version : Care

Reeferjon
13-11-2001, 08:58 PM
Well just had my Calour Care ID back, I can't believe I'm so ----- good looking!!!!.

OK are you guys using much of this we have been asked to trial it in Reefers, should be good news for the insurance companys.

Brian_UK
13-11-2001, 11:55 PM
Well at least the illegal channel hoppers will be able to cut into the line a get abrew up going :D

Seriously though, I haven't done anything on Care but isn't there something about the maximum charge size or this that only on units to be used 'indoors'?

What sort of effect could it have on the cargo if a leak occured, but I suppose that question could be asked of any of the mixes in use today.

Reeferjon
14-11-2001, 04:19 PM
occupancy cat c states: not exceed 10kg in human occupied space, not exceed 25kg in specail machine, no restriction on charge if contained in special machenery room or open air

The problem for me is not wether the space is confined but the risk of combustion from arcing (solenoids, contactors, switches, relays etc.

As for contamination, its an hydrocarbon, so its a natural product heh heh!!!!

Derek
18-11-2001, 04:36 PM
We had a Care 30 unit running at the RAC show (3 shows back) also did some work on Care 40 through Cool Concerns.

No problems with the fluid we even had a leak on the stand but no one (other than us) noticed.

I know someone with a Care 40 IMI air conditioner in their conservatory. Nothing scary so far.

BS EN 378 gives all the spec's air changes etc.... funny equations but it all there.

:cool:

BritCit_Juve
11-12-2001, 09:44 PM
I know that a lot of the fridges and freezers manufactured in europe now use hydrocarbon based refrigerants though not necessaily Care. Also the millenium dome used a load of IMI care 50 systems with no problems.
As to the mix I know that IMI make a lot of their units adapted to use Care. I dopn't know anyone else who does yet so there probably hasn't been a large take up of it.
It maybe that trying to tell a customer that the pipework can't go through the cupboard due to gas laws and theirfore has to go round or telling them that it is flamable puts them off.
If the system and its pipe work is carried out correctly then these shouldn't cause any problems especially when its energy savings are taken into consideration.
I wouldn't use it for retrofit work though as the units need too many modifications to meet the gas laws, it has soo many advantages though.......

Brian_UK
13-12-2001, 12:57 AM
That's a good thought, to charge a hydrocarbon unit do I need to upgrade my CORGI qualifications or does a safe refrigerant handling course do it ?

I suppose if you keep the bottle pressure below LPG levels you could be OK :p

BritCit_Juve
14-12-2001, 06:32 PM
LOL unfortunately they aren't allowed to sell you the gas unless you've got the bit of plastic to prove it. Its to protect AC engineers from being undercut by gas fitters and plumbers