PDA

View Full Version : Installing new through wall air conditioner

P&L0210
22-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Hello,

I recently purchased the Frigidaire FFTA1033Q1 through-wall air conditioner to replace my current older Frigidaire model. The older model was already in my apartment from the previous owner. Both models have the same exact dimensions. The sleeve was constructed to fit the unit very tightly with little to no room to give. Once the current unit was removed, I carefully slid the new unit into the existing sleeve. However, with all my effort of pushing the unit in, there is still a 2-inch gap between the rear of the unit and the grille. Will this pose any issues with the functionality of the air conditioner? Will this cause any overheating issues/damages and/or leakage of water from condensation? I really appreciate any input in this issue. Thanks in advance.

sedgy
28-07-2014, 07:49 PM
hi northernbeach,
why dont you start a new thead, dedicated to your problem? your getting me mixed up with adding to another thread( letter number 1)= sedgy

back2space
28-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased the Frigidaire FFTA1033Q1 through-wall air conditioner to replace my current older Frigidaire model. The older model was already in my apartment from the previous owner. Both models have the same exact dimensions. The sleeve was constructed to fit the unit very tightly with little to no room to give. Once the current unit was removed, I carefully slid the new unit into the existing sleeve. However, with all my effort of pushing the unit in, there is still a 2-inch gap between the rear of the unit and the grille. Will this pose any issues with the functionality of the air conditioner? Will this cause any overheating issues/damages and/or leakage of water from condensation? I really appreciate any input in this issue. Thanks in advance.

Any chance of you uploading a picture. Can you describe what you mean by the rear of the unit. I am thinking your unit is something like this? http://www.coolyoudirect.co.uk/artel-through-the-wall-air-conditioning-units.php

hopelitten
30-07-2014, 06:57 PM
regularly to avoid any issues. a dirty filter will most of the time affect the air conditioner and make it run harder then usual, leak, smell and other problems as well. hope this helped!

PRESS
31-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi

Did you check why you can not push the unit all the way through the wall. Is the gap left inside or outside? If its inside its no good because you get lots of ingress air into your conditioned space. If its outside you have to make sure that the condenser air flow paths are 100% free from obstruction, and that the condensate drain pipe does not drain water back into the conditioned space or your outside wall's cosmetic finish.

The MG Pony
12-08-2014, 05:41 PM
if it is a standered PTAC drop in this will be no problem for it at all, so long as the inside baffle mates with the shell properly you're fine, the shell will set the slope for water run off.

If you can put a clear picture up but going off your discripion sounds like there is little to worry about. When I was replacing PTACs at a hotell we found some of the replacements where shorter then the old units aas well despit being the proper match.

tamcoaircon
15-09-2014, 01:13 PM
With the current through the wall air conditioner does is join a window unit in the wall with an outdoor central unit. This gives the advantage of both, plus some extra advantage also.

install monkey
28-09-2014, 08:00 AM
:confused: i tried google translator but it didnt work

With the current through the wall air conditioner does is join a window unit in the wall with an outdoor central unit. This gives the advantage of both, plus some extra advantage also.