PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning unit not working - Error E2

kath602
20-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

I came across this forum while looking for a manual or error code explanation for our portable air conditioning unit - it was given to us by a friend a while back and so we do not have any manuals etc ourselves, but we did try the unit in the past and it worked fine - since then it has only been standing in storage until warmer weather - but now it doesn't work - the fan does not seem to even kick in.

We have a High Cool PM97
And the error code we see on the front LED's is E2

If there's any other information you need or something I forgot, let me know and I can do my best to supply it

Look forward to your replies,
Kath

install monkey
20-07-2014, 04:01 PM
usual for them for drain pump to fail- put it outside and pull the lil drain plug out the bottom, if about 5ltr of water comes out then its a quick fix

kath602
20-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the quick reply - will give it a try tomorrow and reply back with the results if it worked or not!

kath602
21-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Hi again,
Thanks for the advice - it seems to have worked, do appreciate the help and have a great week!

kath602
21-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi again, another update

Did try it this morning and it worked - but again tried to use it in the afternoon and it again failed and had the same error, could it possibly be the outside/ambient temperature around it? If not please suggest any others ideas or suggestions you might have as it'd be appreciated!

install monkey
21-07-2014, 10:09 PM
if its filling up with condensate after a few hrs running then the pump isnt shifting it- check the outlet hose- the thin tube is under about 500mm high, and water comes out of it, try the thin hose into a bucket beside it,see if the bucket fills, last resort,sit the unit in a baking tray with the drain bung removed

kath602
22-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks will give it a try - will get back to you with any results!

hopelitten
13-08-2014, 06:27 PM
you may want to try replacing your filters as a lot of machines can not run or they over work if there is to much build up in the filters. it can also develop a smell and possibly mold if moist. hope this helps!

frank
13-08-2014, 07:39 PM
if its filling up with condensate after a few hrs running then the pump isnt shifting it- check the outlet hose- the thin tube is under about 500mm high, and water comes out of it, try the thin hose into a bucket beside it,see if the bucket fills, last resort,sit the unit in a baking tray with the drain bung removed

It will never fit in the oven....silly Monkey

MikeHolm
19-08-2014, 11:25 AM
It will never fit in the oven....silly Monkey

IM thinks it is a commercial job with a big oven, haha

tamcoaircon
15-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Well, I recommend you the fuses and breakers. Ensure that they are in place and also working properly. Circuits, particularly with older home as easily overloaded and in case of air conditioner shares circuits with other homes appliances.

install monkey
28-09-2014, 07:57 AM
its a portable unit-:confused:

Well, I recommend you the fuses and breakers. Ensure that they are in place and also working properly. Circuits, particularly with older home as easily overloaded and in case of air conditioner shares circuits with other homes appliances.