PDA

View Full Version : Airedale Easicool downflow EEV control

mattjcatchpole
15-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi guys,

I'd like your thoughts,

I was attending a breakdown the other day on an Airedale Easicool downflow system (out on HP, turns out it was a condenser fan motor seized which blew a fuse on the HPC). When I restarted the system the distributor iced up like nothing I've ever seen before!

I had been to the system before with another engineer, removed the refrigerant (48kg of R407c), replaced all schrader cores (2 were leaking) and re-commissioned with 41kg (charged to the sight glass and had about 7k of superheat).

So to me it doesn't seem like its short of charge (sight glass is full for a good few minuets), it looks like it could be the EEV.

I went to another unit and checked the movement of the EEV on the controller which was fluctuating between 700 and 800.

The unit in question was stuck on 480, even after we manually opened it to about 800.

Is it worth re-removing all of the refrigerant and changing the EEV itself, or should I just change the EEV driver?

Brian_UK
15-07-2014, 10:13 PM
I'd just change the EEV stepper motor first.

I've had a few Carel ones fail, it's the cheaper option too.

mattjcatchpole
18-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I've got half a mind to switch the driver controllers over first.

If the EEV goes above 480 steps I know its the controller, if it doesn't its the EEV itself!

Thanks for the advice!

install monkey
18-07-2014, 07:18 PM
matt, if theyre linked on the lan network then if u swap driver controller then you need to swap adresses on the back of the front flap- tiny bank of dipswitches- near the ribbon cable that attaches the led,s that flash .

Fixaman
02-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Might be EVD4 drivers.