PDA

View Full Version : Vaillant Units

MisterDrew
15-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello,

Wonder if someone can help me.

I am currently buying a property with a Vaillant ClimaVAIR outside unit and 4 internal vents/units (sorry for my terminology).

These units are the best part of no use to us as we intended to fit an new boiler system etc to heat the property.

Does anyone know of a company/individual who would be interested in purchasing this item or am I best paying for someone to de-gas the unit and then stick it on ebay?

Any help/advise would be most welcome

Thanks
Drew

The Viking
15-07-2014, 05:14 PM
First,
One question... Why would you rip out a high efficiency, green, low carbon footprint unit only to replace it with an old boiler?

Then to answer your question, if you decide to get rid of your heat pump then you do need to get someone with a F-gas registration to de-gas it for you.
Sadly I do not believe there is any money in second hand heat pumps above the scrap value. Most of the cost for a new heatpump lies in the installation, not the kit. Spending money on the install and skimping on the unit doesn't make financial sense as a little bit more money will get you a full warranty and everything that comes with it.

If you really want to change back to a boiler then the best you can hope for is probably to find someone qualified that are willing to take your system out for free in return for the scrap metal.

Good luck.

:cool:

jonjon
15-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Viking you'd be surprised how many small firms ask about second hand units. Don't offer warranty on the systems though.:D

MisterDrew
15-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the replies

the house has both the heating system and a coal fired boiler for further heating of raidiators and hot water so seems not wise to have both options as the previous owner had it put in as a back for if they couldn't get the fire going as was an older person.

So the plan is to take both out as coal to heat water isn't the wisest idea I believe and then replace with a oil (no gas mains in the village) tank and boiler to do all the above. Which also would be alot nicer then having the units hanging on the walls :)

The Viking
16-07-2014, 12:49 AM
If oil is your only option, you seriously should consider a modern air source heat pump alternative.
No boxes on the walls, will heat your water and your radiators and cost a fraction to run compared to an oil fired boiler.

:cool:

Anz
16-07-2014, 07:31 PM
+1 air source all the way :)

jdunc2301
17-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I would strongly recommend going down the air source route, or ground source if you can afford it. With the RHI in place at the moment you will be benefitting going renewable.

Oil is only going one way £££££