PDA

View Full Version : Pressure control faults in low ambients- help required

cool me
14-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Hey forum
Just after some advice and knowledge regarding bulb thermostats and low pressure controls mounted outside in ambients below 0 degrees Celsius. I've had a few jobs of late cutting out when ambients are low but running fine by the time I get there. I heard a while ago this could happen but I'd like to know more about it and why.
Thanks guys

sedgy
14-07-2014, 05:45 PM
hi cool me , lookes like you need a cool start pack = sedgy

sterl
16-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Bulbs on cap tube t-stats and also most TXV's can be "fooled" by low ambients. The volatile fluid in the bulb/cap tube assembly gets colder than set point and the first drop of condensate develops not at the bulb end but in the cap tube or for TXV's at the diaphragm housing. For the t-stat it will remain satisfied in spite of the bulb being warmer than set point because the internal pressure is determined by the coldest point in the assembly. For a TXV using the same refrigerant for the thermal assembly as the refrig circuit, the TXV won't feed with the diaphragm housing colder than the bulb....That is why both thermostats and TXV's come with "cross ambient" or "ambient compensated" charges, largely for OEM devices or occasionally heat pumps.