PDA

View Full Version : Vector csmv tool to exv tool

Carriermech
10-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi!

I was wondering, does anyone have the csmv stepper motor driving tool, with the harness for the vector 1800 exv coil? I have the tool and the harness for csmv but i need the harness for exv coil...ordered one from ctc but after several weeks still nothing, si if someone could tell me wich wire to connect to wich coil connector pin/colour so i can build my own...

Thanks for advance!

Carriermech
11-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi!

I was wondering, does anyone have the csmv stepper motor driving tool, with the harness for the vector 1800 exv coil? I have the tool and the harness for csmv but i need the harness for exv coil...ordered one from ctc but after several weeks still nothing, si if someone could tell me wich wire to connect to wich coil connector pin/colour so i can build my own...

Thanks for advance!

Ok, got it now, the supplier had the cable.

Now i try to figure out the problem i needed the harness for, unit pulling the refrigerant into receiver...it releases the liquid when i open the exv fully, but when i leave the controlling to micro, the liquid is being pulled into receiver and it has insufficient cooling...drier replaced and refrigerant charged to correct amount...

Edvin
11-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Check the set delta value in micro configurations(can be done by reefer manager or TruTech)

sonkax
12-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Chech evap/suction line temp and pressure sensors.

Carriermech
14-07-2014, 07:55 PM
All the sensor are working, after been switched off overnight, the sensors show the same ambient temperature. Also all pressure transducers give the same pressure reading. I have to check the dellta value, cant remember seeing that on RM or TT...? I found that the pipe from exv to evaporator "divider?" Was VERY badly bent on 2 spots, almost blocked! I thought i have found the problem (one of them it seems) and replaced the bent pipe, and also replaced the exv and coil (newer models), on customers request, and because the old one had to come off anyhow. Now it seems to work a littlebit better, but still does not pull down to -20°c! It starts to fade somewhere after -12°c and best i got was -19°c in 6 hours, with one defros cycle...i expect fully working VECTOR to pull down to -20° from 25°c during 3 hours. Last data i remeber was box temp -19,5°c, csmv 100%, exv 43%, suction pressure 0.6bars, evap pressure 0,8bars, suction line temp 1,3°c and delta T 5,3°c. Some values might be bit inaccurate, my memory is not what it once was...what do you think guys, any suggestions?

Edvin
16-07-2014, 09:46 AM
There is a "soldered in" flter befor the txv and also check the air flows - that the fans run well with full performanse and the condenser coil is not blocked.

Carriermech
16-07-2014, 01:22 PM
There is a "soldered in" flter befor the txv and also check the air flows - that the fans run well with full performanse and the condenser coil is not blocked.

Crap! I did not know about the filter...is it before or after the t-joint? Fans
are ok, and the condenser looks clean. I have to check the filter when it comes in.

Thanks for the tips!!!

Edvin
17-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Have never seen it with own eyes, it's what I remember from vector training. It is a stainer that is bult in right befor the TXV, maybe even it is pressed in TXV inlet pipe. (I think it's somethnig same as in manual TXV orffice - it also has a stainer wright before it)

Carriermech
17-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Have never seen it with own eyes, it's what I remember from vector training. It is a stainer that is bult in right befor the TXV, maybe even it is pressed in TXV inlet pipe. (I think it's somethnig same as in manual TXV orffice - it also has a stainer wright before it)

It was not in the old exv inlet pipe, it has to be in the pipe coming from the t-joint next to heat exhanger...?

Carriermech
17-07-2014, 07:56 AM
By the way, who was your trainer? Rudi Haupt?

Boss302
29-07-2014, 04:50 PM
I would think that if the EXV strainer was plugged and starving the coil the EXV would be open 100% tying to get the superheat in check. I am doubting that is your problem.

Carriermech
29-07-2014, 06:15 PM
I would think that if the EXV strainer was plugged and starving the coil the EXV would be open 100% tying to get the superheat in check. I am doubting that is your problem.

Yeah, i agree. Plus, i got information from Carrier that the screen/filter is NOT on the main evap, but in the remote compartments.

I found another problem wich would have caused the poor cooling, the EVOP was malfunctioning! But only from time to time it seems. I checked it 2-3 times, cross-referred to other sensors and always got the same pressure reading. But this morning i found that it was stuck on 3.6b when others were over 6.9b.

But still it was not pulling the temp down as fast as tested 3 years ago, 3hrs from +20°c to -20°c.

I got it to -20°c in 5,5hrs but barely.

I cannot find any major cold leaks / bridges on the insulated body, and i run a "control" Vector wich was there to see the difference, it got to -23°c from +27°c in 2,5hrs! But it was a semi-trailer with no side doors, unlike the patient itself, whole road side opening with doors.

I came to the conclusion that the body just is not capable to insulate enough ANYMORE to keep the cold in, since the graph itself from the download i did when i ran it trough the night with stb, showed that delta-t was actually about -6°c the whole time. Box temp just would not go down, or very slowly...

Also what helped was to lower the vertical load bars all the way to the floor, they were disturbing the airfllow somehow, creating a somekind of freaky vortex in the front if you will.

But this is the story so far. Thanks for the help and ideas guys! Any feedback is welcome!