PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Twin Split Help

jigz86
09-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi All,

First time posting on here so bear with me please. I have had a phone call today from a customer complaining of a fault with his AC unit. Its a Daikin twin split unit; Indoor Model-FTXS35D3VMW;
Outdoor Model-4MXS80E7V3B1. The information that he has given me is that when its switched on nothing happens in cool and heat mode, however the fan only mode works. The green power light on the indoor unit is flashing continuously as well when the indoor is switched on. This is the same on both indoor units coming of the one outdoor. Any help in narrowing down where to start with the fault finding. There is no fault code to go off and also I haven't been to the site to check the outdoor units yet.

Appreciate any help given thanks.

install monkey
09-07-2014, 10:11 PM
4mx is a multi split, check the outdoor unit, lil pcb on the side of the unit has green led , should be flashing to prove comms, also a lil dipswitch numbered 1-4 only 1 should be enabled, this is to dedicate a specific indoor as a master for the mode, all indoors need to be in the same mode, if theyre set in heat and cool the master will take priority, if none of the dipswitches are enabled then the first unit switched on is automatically deemed as the master, check for fault codes with the wireless remote by pointing it towards an indoor and hold cancel button for about 10 seconds , controller will display letter and digit, keep pressing cancel and unit will short beep everytime u press it, when u get a long beep then thats ur fault code, if power has been reset then no fault code will be stored in memory, could just be dirty filters or user error
typically lev's stick in the closed position

frank
10-07-2014, 09:00 PM
The indoor green led will flash if there is a fault or it is on the slave unit/s and in an operating mode that doesn't match the Master mode...i.e. in standby.

To find the fault code follow Monkey's instructions.

The Viking
10-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Hi jigz86 and welcome to the forum.

Call me old and grumpy but...

I have had a phone call today from a customer

By this I take it you are a professional AC engineer selling your services (and therefore your knowledge) to endusers in exchange for money?

I don't mind helping fellow engineers out when they get stuck, or even endusers if they have problem with their kit after "professionals" looked at it. But don't you think it is a bit strange that your first post on this forum isn't a "Hi, I'm..." or even a question about a system where you are stuck and can't find the fault but rather "I haven't got a clue where to even begin to look to see if there is a problem with this unit"?

Happy hunting.

:cool:

jigz86
16-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi Viking,

I'm Jigz86. Nice to meet you. Sorry for the bluntness in my post however the customer that i was dealing with was, shall we say , not very pleasant., hence the reason why i couldn't relay any more info to yourselves, and as stated i hadn't been to site at that time, i was just trying to gauge a where to start. The post should really have been can someone direct me how to get fault codes for a daikin unit with a remote controller. I didn't realise that if you pressed and held the cancel button then it would come up with the fault code. I do appreciate monkeys help so thanks monkey. Please accept my apologies viking