PDA

View Full Version : Waste transfer of reclaimed refrigerant from Gibraltar

Tiesse
09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
We have a UK client who has a project in Gibraltar we have been involved with.

As part of this project, we have had to reclaim refrigerant. The supplier of the refrigerant who is local, does not have the capability to take the waste refrigerant from us for disposal etc.

We are now stuck with a quantity of reclaimed refrigerant with our own waste transfer notes which we need to get away from Gibraltar.

Any ideas what I can do as each corner we turn is being met with an obstacle?

jonjon
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Hide it in the van then bring it to the uk and dispose of it ? Or possibly go to Spain with a "leaky" valve

Brian_UK
09-07-2014, 11:02 PM
I would check with the Gibraltarian Environment Agency, from what I have read they appear quite strict if you get it wrong.

Rob White
10-07-2014, 12:55 PM

http://www.environmental-agency.gi/pdf/Gibraltar_waste_management_plan_2011.pdf

Principal Secretary Environment
Department of the Environment
Duke of Kent House
Line Wall Road
Gibraltar

Tel: 00350 20050294
Fax: 00350 20059833
Email: info.environment@gibraltar.gov.gi

Regards

Rob

Rob White
10-07-2014, 01:00 PM

2.1.4 Transfrontier Shipment of Waste

Regulation (EC) 1013/2006 on shipments of waste establishes a system of controls on waste shipments, with detailed provisions which vary according to the countries of dispatch, destination and transit, the intended purpose of waste shipment (disposal or recovery), and the type of waste involved. Consideration of the proximity principle is paramount under this legislation. Every effort is made locally to ensure that the various treatment facilities used in Spain for our varying waste streams are:
i) the closest ones to Gibraltar
ii) compliant with relevant EU and local waste legislation

If you are driving over and you are carrying all the correct documentation
then I don't see why driving the waste back should cause any issues.

Rob