PDA

View Full Version : What can I get away with?

psrome
06-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I just purchased a kegerator this past weekend and knew it was going to be a project. Needless-to-say the compressor is no good. I am trying to keep the cost down. I have a old water cooler in my gargage and the compressor still works and takes R12 just like my kegerator. The problem is I am not sure if the water cooler compressor is strong enough for my kegerator. I am trying to keep it at a constent temp. of 35-38 degrees. What kind of information do you need from me to figure this out? I have a spec. sheet on the water cooler compressor. I am not entirely sure how to read it though. I need some help.

Thanks in advance,

jerry

Brian_UK
06-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Welcome Jerry, any information that you can give on the details of both compressors would be useful.

Dan
07-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Without going into detail and knowing none about your equipment I am going to hazard a guess that the compressor is capable of keeping a cool keg cool if there is no fan coil unit in the Kegcooler. Here's some information that would help. Look at the electrical amperage on the nameplate of the water cooler and the kegcooler. If they are similar, you might be okay.

psrome
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
These specs. are the equivelant of what is in the kegerator now. I couldn't get the actual specs. because they don't make it anymore. I had to get the R134A equivelant.

psrome
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
These are the specs. that are in the water cooler now.

I reallly appreciate all of your help.

psrome
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
second page...

Peter_1
08-04-2006, 05:50 PM
What is a kegerator? Do you need to eat this with fork and knife? :p

Argus
08-04-2006, 06:57 PM
What is a kegerator? Do you need to eat this with fork and knife? :p

I think its a gadget for freezing beer.

Beats me why you'd want to freeze decent beer.......
________
herbalaire reviews (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

Deejey
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I think its a gadget for freezing beer.
Beats me why you'd want to freeze decent beer.......

It's for chilling beer... its simply a bar frig with a beer dispensing tap on top

I'm actually in the process of making a beer chilling dispenser out of a computer case.

Peter_1
10-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Some idea's

http://www.rayfes.com/me/kegerator/kegerator.php

psrome
10-04-2006, 08:58 PM
thanks for your help thus far.

What are your thoughts on the compatability of these two compressors?