PDA

View Full Version : Slush Machine Refridgant presure ???

amebb
01-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi

I am new to this site, so please be patient with me.

I have a fruitini slush machine that I checked the r134a refrigiant for. I noticed that the pressure was too high.

Can anyone tell me what the typical slush machine pressure should be ?

My dial is telling me that the pressure is over 350PSI !!!

I think that the typical pressure should be around 55psi

if anyone can help me that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Dragonfall5
01-07-2014, 06:05 PM
R134a evaporating @ 0 deg C Should be around the 28psi Area

But It sounds very much Like your measuring the High Pressure Side of the system and 350 Psi is a "tad" on the high Side. Is your condenser coil Blocked or is the Fan Working?

frank
01-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Your pressures will vary with the slush temperatures...ie high pressures when the slush is a liquid to lower pressures when it is ice crystals.

To make a decent diagnosis you need to give more information about the temps and pressures around the system

amebb
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi there

Ok let me give you some more information.

Ambient temp (outside temp) is around 31.9 0C.

I am not sure about the coil being blocked etc..... as far as I am aware the machine was working fine making slush in good time. Never had issues etc.
This was until I checked I checked the gas and noticed that it was touching over 350psi!

Now, it could be that I checked on the high pressure side and should have checked on the low pressure side instead.

About 300gms of gas was removed. after that.... although the high end psi is still around 340psi I am not getting any freezing to take place.

Hope that helps.....?

Thank you

amebb
02-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Another quick question...... would there be a problem if r404a gas was mixed with r134a gas ???

I accidently topped up the slush machine with r134a gas. only a very small amount though - about 150gm.

would this cause any issues ?

thanks

jdunc2301
03-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I can't begin to answer these questions...I think you need to get a qualified person in to sort your problem..

The MG Pony
04-07-2014, 03:22 AM
once you mess with the system all bets are off.

mixed gas, needs to be vacuumed and recharged properly, only then can we get to the next step.

By vacuumed the charge needs to be properly recovered!!!

NEVER start with mesing with the gas side of the system, test and examin every thing ells long befor you break into the refrigerant circuit.

Sadly you don the oppisit and made a issue into a bad problem, best of luck to ya.

amebb
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Thank you for the replies guys.

I topped up the gas on the low pressure side and run the slush machine.

Its running as normal and its behaviour is very normal.

I have noticed that it is also running 8 degree's cooler - ie the heat being pushed out is cooler than before.

As regards the freezing of the slush.... that is at a normal time - approx. 45 mins for 12litres - temp set on medium.

I have just cleaned out the condenser and checked for any leaks etc and all looks good.

Thanks and have a great weekend!