PDA

View Full Version : I could not see a way to edit my messages - what have i missed ?

CHRISMX
21-06-2014, 05:37 PM
"Hello All",

I am a New Member and I have just posted my first thread / message on the Technical Help section.

Although I am familiar with this type of Forum Format as I use it on other Forums I could not see an `EDIT` facility after I posted my first message - what have I missed ?

I apologise if it is something really obvious.

Regards,

Chris

install monkey
21-06-2014, 06:44 PM
dont worry- the mods will move your original post to the correct thread;)

CHRISMX
21-06-2014, 07:22 PM
"Thanks very much install monkey",

But is there a way to Edit messages in case I either make a mistake or want to add further details on future messages ?

Regards,

Chris

install monkey
21-06-2014, 07:36 PM
you can edit your post ( think u may have to post 25 times before u are allowed) but you cannot move a post to a different thread- only mods have that power

CHRISMX
21-06-2014, 10:49 PM
"Hello again and Thanks install monkey",

When I asked about Editing messages it was not because I thought that I could move a Post to another thread - it really was because I would have liked to slightly change some wording in my original message.

A little while later when I realised that I had Posted my thread / message in the wrong section of the Forum I thought that if I knew how to Edit messages that I could probably have then Deleted the message that I posted in the `Technical Discussion` section.

I do not mean to criticise anything about the Forum - but If You are correct that a Member has to Post 25 messages before they are allowed the Edit facility this seems a bit strange to Me as message errors are probably more likely when a person is `New` to a Forum.

Thanks very much for your replies.

Regards,

Chris

garthbishop
23-07-2014, 04:16 PM
I strongly agree.....

WebRam
13-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Guys, I have now changed this to allow you to edit your posts.