PDA

View Full Version : oil compressor problem

alamda
18-06-2014, 08:31 AM
I have a chilling unit with compressor Frascold type V 30 84 Y and i have low oil pressure problem all oil drwon to the discharge line. I need any one to help me to solve this problem , I fill the copressor with oil up to the leve 3/4 of sight glass but all oil drwon after run compressor to the discharge line, I open the cover of the suction and delivery valves and I found a too mach oil.
Is the piston ring worn out?

frank
18-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Do a pump down test to check if your discharge valves are OK

alamda
19-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Mr. Frank I make pump down it's ok
I have one eqution it's normaly go with ***** small quntity of oil , is that right

frank
19-06-2014, 07:59 AM
On a small system you should not need to add additional oil to the amount recommended by the compressor manufacturer.
On larger systems it is normal to add additional oil to compensate for the oil that moves around the system.

alamda
19-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Ok, I have to tell you more information in this circuit there is no oil sapreater. Is it necessary to install oil sapreter

frank
19-06-2014, 05:56 PM
It depends on the size of the system

Grizzly
20-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Hi Alamda.
I would suggest that the abnormal (I assume the amount of oil being dumped system side is abnormal?) oil carry over is very likely to be the result of wear internally within the compressor.

The Rings, Valves and Springs are a good place to start.

These comps are usually highly reliable, so ever mechanical wear or failure would be a good assumption.

When a recip has worn piston rings and liners (or even broken rings) they become a very efficient oil pump!

When you had the heads off did you check the sump for debris or metallic particles within the oil.

An oil sample analysis may prove useful.
Some recips have bypass valves within the head / liners, if relevant this could have an issue?
Good luck Grizzly

passandscore
21-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Does your system short cycle? If so, check out this link.
http://lvhvac.com/cope_bulletins/17-1262.pdf

Grizzly
21-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Does your system short cycle? If so, check out this link.
http://lvhvac.com/cope_bulletins/17-1262.pdf
An interesting article there passandscore thanks.

I think Franks comment is all the more relevant having read it!
Plus add a working crankcase heater and Oil Foaming is minimised.
Grizzly

alamda
16-08-2014, 11:19 AM
It depends on the size of the system

can you tell me what is the size of the system needs to add oil seprator?

mbc
22-08-2014, 04:32 PM
lose of oil have a lots reason.
rings
valve plates
high temp. of oil
oil type
foaming of oil in starting time.
wrong piping slop in suction line also u trap
blocking oil return from oil separator

alamda
31-08-2014, 11:07 AM
lose of oil have a lots reason. rings valve plates high temp. of oil oil type foaming of oil in starting time. wrong piping slop in suction line also u trap blocking oil return from oil separator please can u help me what is the resons of foaming of oil in starting time & How to solve this problem ? And the normal temperature of oil ?