PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Einstein 2 & E2E Sensors

anasmilbes
13-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, I had a some what dumb question.

when installing a temp sensor on say a 20 door line up, what is standard? having one sensor or installing 2 or 3 and setting logic to average, low or high? reason i ask is 1) what is the average option for and 2) how would you control a big line up without worrying of one side freezing up or not. Hope ive made it clear. Sorry im new to this forum

Thanks

al
13-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Welcome on board

Normally on long runs i use one controller per solenoid, normally air off control but depends on cabinet, also allows each section defrost independently of others.

al;

750 Valve
16-06-2014, 12:08 PM
A 20 door line up (4 x 5 door cases) would have 1 sensor per case, so 4 sensors in total. Normally the saturated suction temp would determine the case temp, if the cases are the lowest SST on the rack then they may just run in rack suction, if not a mechanical or electronic EPR may be used. If electronic then this is when you can set to control on average temp.

In saying that there are so many control applications where you may need to control on lowest or highest temp but they usually apply when you have differing case types on one circuit.

The last thing you really want to do is cycle multiple cases on a solenoid to control temp, it can lead to cases straying front he average based on usage and increases energy consumption.

Coorsman777
17-06-2014, 07:41 PM
On a circuit with multiple cases and EEPR I use average and then set the low temp alarm for 5 degrees below setpoint. That way if one case is warmer than the others you catch the problem with the on the case that is warmer with the low temp alarm on another case. I do this so I do not have to set the high temp alarm too close to set point where it causes nusance alarms after defrost. Sounds crazy but it works very well at catching prolems before they are emergencies.