PDA

View Full Version : Help required

raviashah
12-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi,

First of all I am new here, So if I have done this post on wrong place please pardon me.

I need you help regarding selecting proper condensing unit.

We have a chemical that we need to freeze on rotating cylinder. For quick understanding I m going to call this cylinder as Cylinder A. Cylinder A diameter is 220 mm, length is 940mm and wall thickness is 1.6mm. Cylinder A will be made from SS 304.Specific heat of chemical is 5kJ/kg and Latent heat of chemical is 300kJ/kg. Freezing point of chemical is -10C.

My friend wants to turn liquid into solid on outer side of cylinder. He is going to use around 40 liters of liquid in an hour. Chemical would be brought at room temperature (30C to 35C). He will let liquid to turn solid on surface of cylinder until the height of layer becomes 5mm(minimum) to 10mm (maximum). A single layer of 1-2 mm should freeze in 1 minutes across 940mm length of cylinder.

He has made a manual machine in which cylinder A is open from one end. He adds ice and salt in cylinder A and closes from another end. He then put cylinder A in machine frame and let the cylinder A rotate for about 2 hours. After that he opens cylinder A, throws out salty water and start again from adding ice and salt. He is now tired of this whole manual system and wants me to help him making refrigeration system in which his manual effort can be at least minimized or eliminated.

From my online search I have come to know that I will have to use spiral profile of copper tube. The copper tube must be supported by another cylinder so it will be on top of another cylinder (now onwards as Cylinder B). I am going to put Cylinder B inside the Cylinder A. Because Cylinder A is rotating cylinder, there will be gap between inner surface of Cylinder A and copper tube so I will also have to use glycol to make Cylinder A cool quickly.

Now I need your help in finding out effectiveness and feasibility of above mentioned system, at what minimum tonnage of condensing system I have chance to get -10C temp and which refrigerant would be better suited for this application?

I am a design engineer by profession but I design plastic parts and don't have idea about how to design refrigeration system. My online search has brought me here and now I am looking towards you. I am sorry for lengthy post but I could not figure out how to make it short and sweet.

Thanks for reading by.

Ravi

jonjon
12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I am a design engineer by profession but I design plastic parts and don't have idea about how to design refrigeration system. My online search has brought me here and now I am looking towards you. I am sorry for lengthy post but I could not figure out how to make it short and sweet.

Search google for refrigeration companies india they'll help