PDA

View Full Version : How to stop water overflow

Super tech
10-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Hi, guys
I went to look at a chiller and I found chilled water storage 1155411553115551155611557tank that was leaking water thru overflow pipe and need ideas as to what could be the issue. Customer already change the makeup water solenoid valve thinking it was leaking-by but that wasn't the problem. I looked inside water tank and the water is above the the overflow pipe. The makeup water solenoid is de-energize and completely shut off and no water leaking-by. Is there a better way to install the water level switch? Is there another method of controlling water level? Could the tank be too small and make up water comes in when water level decreases as chilled water is being used for process cooling, then when individual tank temperatures are satisfied water is return back to storage tank and it makes water level overflow?

Super tech
12-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Got this from maintenance guy, which is a piping diagram of process chilled water flow. They make MISO & KOJI RICE. Process chilled water comes in when KOJI turn on and send signal to contactor to energize process pump to maintain (35%RH or 35F inside KOJI ROOM) inside cold water tank full which then a second pump comes on from control panel that allow chilled water to come in from valve 18. A control panel turns on KOJI ROOM operation. Process pump comes on when KOJI is calling for temperature control. Chilled water comes into a spray nozzle inside air-handler unit which is like a humidifier.
COULD THE CITY WATER RUNNING AND AFFECT LARGE STORAGE TANK INTO OVERFLOWING BECAUSE TOO MUCH WATER IS COMING BACK INSIDE TANK.