PDA

View Full Version : New Blast Freezer Technology?

rickmor
04-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Has anybody ever come across this? http://www.depak.jp/en/products/raf.html. They claim some sort of electrostatic freezing technology.

Lc_shi
05-04-2006, 06:46 AM
it's new for me! Small company but the product seems very attractive. thanks for share:)

Andy
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi
never seen this before, sounds a bit like microwave technology, maybe Iam wrong, but I certainly would like to know.

Bit like stimiulating carcases before entering the chill after slaughter to stop cold shortening.

Kind Regards. Andy:)

Dan
07-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Bit like stimiulating carcases before entering the chill after slaughter to stop cold shortening.

Can you elaborate, Andy? I am unfamiliar with all of this, and it does sound interesting.

Lazarus
07-04-2006, 05:22 PM

LOL Dont know about interesting sounds disturbing to me!!!!! and no i am not talking about the spelling....

phil68
07-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Too much info on what you get up to in your spare time Andy:D Seriously though, please enlighten us:confused:

Andy
07-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Too much info on what you get up to in your spare time Andy:D Seriously though, please enlighten us:confused:

na I can't spell sh1t:D

Meat carcases are given an electric shock after death to relax the muscles to reduce rigor. Makes for soft beef and no tearing of the meat from the bone during the post slaughter chilling.

phil68
07-04-2006, 08:38 PM
na I can't spell sh1t:D

Meat carcases are given an electric shock after death to relax the muscles to reduce rigor. Makes for soft beef and no tearing of the meat from the bone during the post slaughter chilling.

Thanks Andy, that's me gone vegetarian now:D

Andy
07-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks Andy, that's me gone vegetarian now:D

:D :D

I took my old boss to a slaughter house to see a job I was pricing, I nipped thru the slaughter line next the bit where the guts come out as I was heading to the chills,
he followed my and turned a funny shade of green as he followed.

He called me a few choice names, all I could do was laugh:D

Come to think of it he never went into a food factory with me again
:confused:

Kind Regards Andy:)

US Iceman
07-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I nipped thru the slaughter line next the bit where the guts come out as I was heading to the chills

That would do it for most. That does take a strong stomach. I still remember the first one. Made quite an impression on me. :(