PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagrams

Abe
10-11-2001, 10:03 AM
Im intrigued how engineers "learn" to read manufacturers wiring diagrams. Ok, you can learn from a senior tech where you work whilst youre still an appy, at college on your fridge course, or as part of your engineering degree course.

Is there any other "way" which is dedicated to fridge systems, which covers all the different wiring diagrams, teaches on symbols used in this industry, or even better a book?

Brian_UK
10-11-2001, 11:36 PM
I don't know about the other Aiyub but I suppose I was self taught in that a wiring diagram is hopefully included in the equipment itself.

The different symbols have been picked up from component boxes, visually obvious symbols and the best way is by asking someone who knew what they were doing.

Making sense of the drawing and the intended method of operation is, however, a more time consuming matter. I tend to find that things like ice-machines are a real brain killer for me. They seem to use back feeds through components the activate something else to save on using another switch or 'stat etc.

dannyd
02-12-2001, 11:19 PM
Carrier training used to provide as part of their 'tech service course', a step-by step guide to assembling & building a schematic wiring diagram based on a 'typical' airconditioning system.
They used the standard U.S. style of symbols, which were easily understood. It came in book form.(Slides available at that time) It just might be available still.
Great for training apprentices/ trainees.