PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss parellel scroll compressors

Lc_shi
30-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Who have used Danfoss parellel scroll compressors?
Any comments? per the catalogue,it's only needed to add a set of piping assembly,what you do is same as common single compressor. I ask for Sanyo, it looks more complicated.
Your comment is welcome:)

rgds
LC

NoNickName
30-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Danfoss, you mean Manneurop.
In order to have compressors in parallel you'll need three manifolds: one common manifold for discharge, one for suction, and an oil balancing pipe.
I don't know whether manneurope supplies those pipes, as their guys do not have the welding patents for lap joints brazing.

BESC5240
30-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Who have used Danfoss parellel scroll compressors?
Any comments? per the catalogue,it's only needed to add a set of piping assembly,what you do is same as common single compressor. I ask for Sanyo, it looks more complicated.
Your comment is welcome:)

rgds
LC

Dear lc shi,
It's not an ordinary piping assembly. It consists of some discharge T's, an oil connection and on the suction side an oil separator/restrictor. This last one takes care of the 'dynamic oil balncing system'.
Take a look on the attachment. I hope it's clear, otherwhise contact your local danfoss office and ask for the leaflet 'Selection & Application guidelines' for Performer Scroll compressors. (If not available, I can PM it to you).
You can mount these compressors in tandem, trio or quatro. (2, 3 or 4 identical parallel). 3 and 4 : only for models SZ160 and 185.
Best regards.
Bruno