PDA

View Full Version : Charging ports on cars?

faberge64
02-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Hi guys, i have only ever worked on domestic and industrial A/C and want to get involved in the Automotive side. is there (i know i'm being optimistic) an idiots guide or list of manufacturers charging ports and their locations? obviously this would save me time as i know some have liquid and suction and some just suction. any help or ideas would be greatly received.

Tayters
02-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Follow the pipes works for most cases.
Otherwise Autodata would probably have the details but you might need to subscribe. My old place had some deal with Autoclimate. They were very helpful, especially when it came to the Ford Galaxy charging ports. Had a CD with locations, charge weights, spares...

charlie patt
03-06-2014, 08:21 PM
autodata do books 1/2/3 only cover up to 2009 really now there to cd version we have um but monthly subscrition job not cheap most of info on our scanners you want be able to do many modern cars without a scanner nowadays there is avery basic book from autoclima but basic but cheap best option just follow lines certain models tend to hide um vw group under wiper links ford on accumulator under inner wing and under headlight astra by os inner wing hidden in corner and merc high side under plastic on condensor on renault use one port and some old volvos most got two my advise would be get good and become a expert in it as lots go round just gassing but nowadays forty percent of faults is electricall ac on vechicles god loves vw group it can be the only reason they are so poorly made ta charlie

cadwaladr
03-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Hi guys, i have only ever worked on domestic and industrial A/C and want to get involved in the Automotive side. is there (i know i'm being optimistic) an idiots guide or list of manufacturers charging ports and their locations? obviously this would save me time as i know some have liquid and suction and some just suction. any help or ideas would be greatly received.
I would not bother stick to commercial ad,as Charlie says awkward badly designed so many comebacks

hyperion
04-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Agree with Charlie that a lot of the problems are electrical. You still occasionally get the simple leak/repair/regas scenario.
Having worked on cars for the last 38 years they have all got less easy to work on and the price is being driven down all of the time by the 'regas guys'.
Have fun and learn rapidly, but expect to have to do a few free call-backs.