PDA

View Full Version : Ford Galaxy (2011) Low side charging port

hyndovich
01-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi Guys, Please excuse my ignorance but I have just bought a 2011 Galaxy and the Air Con is not working, The Compressor does not appear to kick in and I suspect the pressure switch is holding it off. I want to check to see if there is any refrigerant in the system but cant for the life of me find the suction port. Any ideas????

install monkey
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM
link the pressure switch see if it starts up
or test to see if its open circuit

Brian_UK
01-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Follow the suction line out of the bulkhead or check if the compressor has tappings.

charlie patt
03-06-2014, 08:13 PM
do not link wires on a 2011 galaxy or you will blow the ecm most modern vechicles acs are cotrolled via engine ecus you can link nothing,early 2011 under drivers wing on accumulator mid 2011 ld on suction line by inner wing if you got a big petrol; version underneath lh slam panel they suffer from subcooled driers leaking and pipes check it with nitro as if empty for a bit comp wont pump if you need bits ie pipes speak to vw bits are cheaper than ford at mo if condensor let us no cheap as chips now

Gideon Beddows
11-06-2014, 07:45 PM
On a Ford Focus it is behind the plastic covering on the r/h/s wheel arch! I kid you not! What a b*****d to get to.