PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTAD 180 MANUALS

texanul
01-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Hello guys . I have a problem with above Trane chiller and i need some wiring documentation .
I have a Phase loss alarm on second compressor and i don`t know who is generating the alarm .
Best regards .

moideen
02-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Hello guys . I have a problem with above Trane chiller and i need some wiring documentation .
I have a Phase loss alarm on second compressor and i don`t know who is generating the alarm .
Best regards .
Check the resistance of current transformer (CT) for compressor. Probably the CT will be defective.

FreezerGeezer
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Is it a UCM/CLD controller, or a CH530?
As Moideen says, test the CT. Also (obviously) check the phases are balanced, no more than 10% from the mean value.
Be aware that controllers on some Trane chillers have insufficient inputs to assign each possible fault it's own port. As a result, some faults will be tagged as the primary fault for that input, but actually be a secondary fault.
Is there no paperwork with the chiller? Or an O&M manual on site?

texanul
04-06-2014, 06:35 AM
I did a check on the current transformer and they are ok . All 6 of them have 62-64 ohm . 1154211543

CV_Geardrive
04-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi,
If the compressor is not starting check the high pressure pressostat especially if it is a double one.
If the compressor starts and then trips, several causes exist such as:
Severe voltage unbalance,
Defective current transformers,
Defective compressor module (Try to swift modules, if you know how),
Defective contactors, etc.
Regards,
CV

moideen
04-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Hi,
If the compressor is not starting check the high pressure pressostat especially if it is a double one.
If the compressor starts and then trips, several causes exist such as:
Severe voltage unbalance,
Defective current transformers,
Defective compressor module (Try to swift modules, if you know how),
Defective contactors, etc.
Regards,
CV
dear cv-gerad,

i want to know more about "swift module" which you mentioned. is this already integrated on control panel or any external device.

FreezerGeezer
04-06-2014, 10:11 AM
I think he meant switch? As in, swap the two compressor control modules & see if you still have the same problem, or if the problem moves with the module.
This is a simple way to prove if it's the modules that are at fault.

It's a UCM/CLD controller. I'll have a look, maybe I still have a wiring diagram for them.

With regard to the HP switch; Yes, a lot of Trane gear has dual HP switches which can really mess with you if you're not familiar. Used to be mounted behind the forward end panels & at a glance it looks like a normal HP/LP switch. Where it's tricky is that both switches are manual reset, but there's only one reset button on top. The second reset is a small brassy looking press stud in the upper middle of the front. Take off the front cover of the switch & you'll see it.

Are there any faults showing on the display? If the system is in fault, the red LED at the top right of the display module should be flashing , iirc.

serviceman
04-06-2014, 03:10 PM
check the boot confirmation signal to the compressor module.

not confirm the startup module interprets this as loss phase.
all faults are presented in the panel even the pressure switch

texanul
05-06-2014, 11:03 PM
My problem just disapeared after 2 days . Stupid problem . Thanks guys . Both compressors runnig fine now .

FreezerGeezer
08-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Good to hear (I think?). I've found some wiring diagrams if you want them?