PDA

View Full Version : testing procedure for daikin fay100f

doroshenko
29-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Hello.
can enyone tell how to start selftest on daikin fay100f conditioner. It stops after 10 minutes without any error code.

frank
29-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Hello.
can enyone tell how to start selftest on daikin fay100f conditioner. It stops after 10 minutes without any error code.

Press the bottom left hand "Test" button 4 times until "TEST" appears. Change the "MODE" button to the required position, Fan Only, Dry, Cooling.
This will then allow the system to operate and carry out self check functions, but more importantly, it disables the room set point stat and allows the system to operate without cycling so that YOU can evaluate it the system is operating correctly.

Error codes show up when a fault is present, not just when you put the unit through a test exercise.

doroshenko
29-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you!
But test didn`t give eny report.
What can be a reason for such situation: Conditioners stearts, works for some 10-15 minutes, then stops and does not go On any more.
But if we dismount a "freezing" sensor, then it works Ok? but gets covered with snow.
Maybe we have wrong sensor installed? what type of sensor should be? What sould be its resistance?

NoNickName
29-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Low on gas and supply temperature limit kicks in?

frank
29-03-2006, 04:31 PM
But if we dismount a "freezing" sensor, then it works Ok? but gets covered with snow.

If you unplug any sensors off the PCB you should get a fault indication and the unit should stop working.

What are you calling a "freezing" sensor? what is it connected to?

doroshenko
29-03-2006, 05:35 PM
This sensor is located on the radiator inside the indoor unit. Servicemen call it "sensor of freezing".

doroshenko
29-03-2006, 05:36 PM
with sensor unplugged it shows error code but works

frank
29-03-2006, 08:14 PM
This sensor acts in 2 ways.
In cooling mode it looks for low temps on the coil over a certain length of time. If the time period is exceeded then the unit should fault to indicate frost conditions.

In heating mode, it holds off the indoor fan until the coil temp reaches a certain temperature to prevent cold air being circulated.

On the "F" series (fay100f) the indoor unit is capable of being connected to either a cooling only outdoor unit or a heat pump.

What sort of running currents and pressure readings are you getting?
What ambient conditions?

doroshenko
30-03-2006, 09:34 AM
It occured that there was an error code: unit0 U1.
The pressure was measured 2 times - once it was 3.2MPa (when it was a cold day - +4degrees), the other time it was 4MPa(+15degrees).
The indoor conditions are tough - a small room stuffed with equipment, without the conditioner room temperature rises up to +40 in 15 minutes.

frank
30-03-2006, 05:47 PM
The error code U1 refers to a mains supply problem or reverse phase.

Do you mean that the unit stops after 10minutes during normal operation or only when you try the test mode?

Are you saying that the system has a fault or you just don't know how to use the test operation?

bobjob
30-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Re: testing procedure for daikin fay100f

On running of the unit,you will need to enter the Maintenance mode setting on the wall controller.
to inspect the temperatures of the return air and the coil.

On running of the unit the coil temperature should be between +2c and -2c. If your unit is operating at below -6c for a number of minutes the unit will cycle off then allow the coil to warm up, then you have a time delay for the compressor before restarting the cooling.(cooling can be off for 15minutes)

There will not be any fault show on the controller.

If you need information to enable you to get into the Maintenance mode of the controller let me know.

regards bob

doroshenko
31-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Sorry for such unclear explanations - I just write what I learn from guys in the field.

So - from the beginnging:
The conditioner was working Ok for 2 years.
It was serviced in the autumn and was turned off in the winter, when it was freezing outside. Now, when it was turned on, the situation looked like this: it started, worked ok for a few days, but stopped when the outdoor tremperature rised to +12-+14 degrees.
The alarm led was lit, pressing TEST button prodused the above mentioned alarm description.
Servicemen came, told that "this is a very rare model", tried to restart it (with similar result), told that power has nothing to do with the problem and started to play with the sensor I was telling about.

After that they told they know little about this model and started looking for information about "starrting test procedure".

But in fact it looks that they are right - the unit stops after snow appears in the coil and reaches the sensor.

frank
31-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Is the outdoor unit a RYP100F?

If so the condenser can get covered in thick frost if the defrost time is not set up right.

I've got similar units where I can see 1" thick frost on the coil with the compressor running, indoor conditions approaching set point and no outdoor fans running. This is normal.

You can adjust the defrost time but I'm told it is self learning and shouldn't need overriding.

it sounds like your unit has underlying problems which have nothing to do with the "test" sequence.

doroshenko
31-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure about outdoor unit.
I was just told that in fact the unit tried to restart in some 15 minutes, but went OFF wery quikly because of snow on the coil. Thus the conditioner didn't work in fact.
What's strange that it worked Ok before. Why should the coil freeze? What should be the refrigerant pressure?

frank
31-03-2006, 09:24 PM
OK - so the unit was shut off in winter and now it doesn't appear to work right.

Is it still winter?

Was the unit switched on (mains power only) for a minimum period of 6 hours before setting to work?
If not then the compressor may be short of oil and overheats, shutting down the system.

Check to see that the crankcase heater is operating.

If you have sent all the oil around the system, you may have to inject some oil temporarily until the operation stabilises, and then remove the excess once the operation becomes normal.

doroshenko
01-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Its not winter.
Why the coil freezes? What should be the refrigerant pressure?

frank
01-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I was just told that in fact the unit tried to restart in some 15 minutes, but went OFF wery quikly because of snow on the coil.

How do you know it shuts down because of frost on the coil?

To check, take the sensor off of the coil and hold it in your warm hand. Does this let the system run? or does it still fail?

doroshenko
03-04-2006, 07:59 AM
How do you know it shuts down because of frost on the coil?
As I told before, they turned the systen on with the sensor removed, and it worked without shuting ,but freezed severely.
And also it can be seen by eyes - as soon as snow on the radiator approaches the sensor the system shuts.

frank
03-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm not convinced, but if it severely frosts up within 10 mins when it is not winter then I would be looking at

1) the gas charge
2) the expansion valve

Does it operate on cooling OK?

doroshenko
03-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm not convinced, but if it severely frosts up within 10 mins when it is not winter

She its not winter now, I told that its +14 outside.

1) the gas charge
2) the expansion valve

Does it operate on cooling OK?
How to check gas charge? By measuring pressure? What should it be?

and Yes, it works on cooling.

frank
03-04-2006, 11:01 AM
With the unit in cooling mode measure and post the following information

Air temperature onto outdoor coil
Air temperature off outdoor coil
Suction gauge pressure
Discharge gauge pressure
Compressor running amps (240v or 415v?)
Indoor air temperature on coil
Indoor air off coil