PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo multi split compressor fault

djwilson77
29-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Hi,

I was called to look at a Sanyo multi split system that isn't working. When starting both indoor units connected, the indoor fans start fine and then eventually the green light on the indoor units flashes. Checked the outdoor unit and I have LED's 0 and 5 lit. On the cover this shows a fault of 'compressor rotation trouble'. Unfortunately time didn't permit looking any further into the problem.

Not wishing to jump the gun, but can this be taken as the compressor is basically knackered or can further checks be carried out? Can anyone give me more information or a technical contact number before I return to site please?

I have read on a previous post that when a compressor has failed it was actually cheaper to change the complete outdoor unit? Whilst on site I did notice that there was another outdoor unit newer than the indoor units connected, so does this back that theory up?

I've not ever had any dealings with Sanyo equipment before so any guidance would be appreciated.

CraigF
04-06-2014, 09:38 PM
This probably won't help much, but we usually find scrapping the Sanyo and putting a mitsubishi electric in to be the most cost effective solution in the longterm.

I've probably ripped out 10 in the last year

CraigF
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Other brands of Ac are available ;)

install monkey
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM
whats the outdoor model number??
ps sanyo is now panasonic so its either expensive parts or mitsi elec or similar

Hi,

I was called to look at a Sanyo multi split system that isn't working. When starting both indoor units connected, the indoor fans start fine and then eventually the green light on the indoor units flashes. Checked the outdoor unit and I have LED's 0 and 5 lit. On the cover this shows a fault of 'compressor rotation trouble'. Unfortunately time didn't permit looking any further into the problem.

Not wishing to jump the gun, but can this be taken as the compressor is basically knackered or can further checks be carried out? Can anyone give me more information or a technical contact number before I return to site please?

I have read on a previous post that when a compressor has failed it was actually cheaper to change the complete outdoor unit? Whilst on site I did notice that there was another outdoor unit newer than the indoor units connected, so does this back that theory up?

I've not ever had any dealings with Sanyo equipment before so any guidance would be appreciated.

djwilson77
10-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

The outdoor unit is a SAP-CMRV2433GJHA. I've not been able to return to site as of yet to carry out any checks but people I spoke to at Panasonic agree that the compressor is probably faulty. I also think the inverter board should be changed. A replacement outdoor unit isn't available but the parts are. I guess given the situation with Sanyo now, that replacing the whole system would be the better option. We generally spec Mitsubishi Electric for new equipment, so maybe we'll go with that. I also believe that Panasonic will produce compatible units to marry up with Sanyo units or parts, but only on newer equipment and more so the larger types of system?

Any more views or thoughts would be appreciated :o

P.S Is there a way of getting notifications on here when people reply to threads?

CraigF
10-06-2014, 09:05 PM
As it happens I'm taking out a sanyo spw 484 this week, new ME unit going in...