PDA

View Full Version : Please Advise: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries vs Fujitsu General 1.5 Tonne split AC

Neelpankh
25-05-2014, 05:59 AM
I need advice on weather to buy a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK20CLS-6 machine or a Fujitsu General ASGA18FTTA. Both are 5300 watt high wall single split units. I have no experience with either brand and will be installing the unit in north India where it goes up tp 44 degrees Celsius in the summer.

The MHI machine uses an Electronic Expansion Valve where as the Fujitsu uses a capillary.

Any expert inputs are welcome. Thanks.

Neel

install monkey
25-05-2014, 07:34 AM
personally id go with the mitsi heavy- more reliable.
all depends really on the customer support you get and spares availability- and also cost of say a replacement pcb as both systems will be designed for your 44 deg ambient,
also check where your installing it- what have all the neighbours got? if they all have fujitsu then there might be a reason

FreezerGeezer
25-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Personally, I agree with MHI before Fujitsu.
Here in Oz it seems that MHI target the light commercial sector more than the domestic, & vice versa with Funitsu. However, we recently had an issue with getting a warranty repair on a Fuji approved because there was a backlog of 1500 warranty claims. This was according to my boss, who told me that Fujitsu had told him this when he chased them up.
Bear in mind that's here, not India & things may be very different there. Also, it's unusual for Fuji to keep us waiting like that.
Tech. support here is good to excellent for both brands.

Tayters
25-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Hey, c'mon you Fuji bashers!

From the model number ASGA18FTTA I guess that is a cooling only non inverter so that should mean no outdoor PCB to worry about and one less thing to go wrong - 2 less things if you include the EEV as well. ;-)

joe-ice
26-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Just changed a drain pump on a mhi ,any unit that can outliv its drain pump {12 yrs} gets my vote